Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here play those dancing games at the arcade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here play those dancing games at the arcade?

You know, the ones with the four arrows and the center step?

Laura bought me $20 worth of tokens for fathers day, and guess what?

I can't dance!

Quickly and with much embarrassment, I gave the machine up to a bunch of smirking, smart-ass punks.

Otoh, I really like the new boxing game - the one with the gloves and the ability to track your head and body movements in order to avoid the opponents blows. I can usually make it to the third opponent before I have to put another token in.

"Dance Dance Revolution" is the name of one of them, though there are a couple of others.

Comment

Nah man, I just play the driving and shooting games and that's it...
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Here's a pic.

The newer one has a center step as well.

I suck at both equally.
        Attached Files

Comment

I really like that boxing game... it counts the calories you expend, and after a few rounds you feel as if you've gotten quite a workout.

Comment

dance dance revolution and pump it up are the big ones.

i can't do either really well, but i like to play them.

i usually only play in korea, however. pump it up is more common there, so i'm more used to it. and i feel a lot less goofy doing it, because there are more people there to watch.
            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
              I really like that boxing game... it counts the calories you expend, and after a few rounds you feel as if you've gotten quite a workout.
              Say, that's really a great idea. Suppose someone were to franchise a chain of arcades exclusively featuring video games that provide a physical workout? It could be a big hit, a big moneymaker, and just what this country needs!

So there is video dancing and boxing already. It should be possible to design video fencing, video jogging, and video cycling, maybe even video triathelon, video obstacle course and who knows what else?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

It's called "Mocap Boxing" - MOtion CAPture Boxing

Here's what Mocap Boxing looks like:
                Attached Files

Comment

I just noticed that it's made by the same company that does DDR. Konami's been making great games since the Golden Age (79-82), including a game that I played to death when I was younger (and still MAMEplay today), Scramble.

Comment

Dance Dance Revolution: That sh*t's hard.

Every once-in-a-while I'll find myself in or near an arcade with my friends and we'll try it. Not hooked on it, but don't dislike it.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

DDR is wicked hard. I am mediocre at it - although I think I could improve. It's not that I'm a bad dancer, I just have a hard time keeping track of what I need to do.

I'd pay good money for a virtual fencing game. Hell yeah.

mleonard is wicked awesome at DDR, by the way.
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

I am awesome at DDR - I can regularly pass standard songs, and heavy ones about 50% of the time. It really helps that I have a pad at home that I can practice on - just hook it up to my computer and play Dance With Intensity for free. While I was in San Diego, I played the arcade version for the first time, and while it was different at first I adapted pretty quickly.

edit: ixnay dancing in his dorm room:

Comment

Is that the Electric Slide?
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Im pretty good, i started playing the challenge songs and many of the songs on heavy setting. Oh and i look really funny playing because im six foot five inches tall.

never stand in the center....
                            I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy

Comment

I can't dance,

Don't ask me.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X