George W. Bush... my revalation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George W. Bush... my revalation

Over the past 24 hours, a realisation has occured to me.

George W. Bush is actually a nice guy. I watched a documentary last night about some chick reporter who followed his campaign trail for the year preceding his election, and looking at him on screen, it turned out that I actually would regard im as high on my list of "people to have a beer with".

Of course, that does not mean that his policies dont stink, but then, it would be fun to convince him of the philosophical flaws of his actions. Would make an intriguiing U-turn in American politics: Neocon becomes Elijahist .

Dont worry, I haven't turned conservative on you guys, I shall forever be standing in the way of the dark forces of "common sense".

Dont for one second assume common sense to be a good thing!
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

' I shall forever be standing in the way of the dark forces of "common sense".'

Maybe now you're beginning to earn the right to make that statement.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ah , but he wasn't president yet at that point.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Bush is a nice guy. he may even not be stupid. But he sure does say or do things that gets him on the media as being dumb and his policies do stink.
        :-p

Comment

Well, I'm assuming that he hadnt turned instantly evil as soon as he became president (although technically, that didnt happen, Gore should have won).

The documentary was funny though, she filmed some guy waving a banner with a rainbow on it, and the words "vote Bush, because gay people have too many rights" .
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

I'm sure some of the administration and House Republicans are nice people... in social settings... except for maybe D1ck Cheney. Something tells me D1ck lives up to his name. I would want to meet Dubya and have a beer with him... judging from the fun he had in his past (not "youth" mind you), I'm sure the guy knows how to party.

But that is moot. Some of my friends are great people... but I sure as hell wouldn't want them running the government.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Power corrupts
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

I know, but lets put it another way, it doesn't make my life any easier critiquing him. My job would be so much simpler if he had the personality of "Vlad the Impaler" or something.

Comment

*reminds elijah of the time Bush mocked a woman on death row about to be executed*

Bush is charming and knows how to schmooze--that's been his whole career. What you saw was him putting on his best manners.

I'm not saying he's evil, but I've seen and read enough about him to know that he isn't that nice a guy. For one thing, he is known to have an extremely vindictive personality, which is why the GOP lost the Senate to the Dems his first year. For another, you don't get to be POTUS by being a nice guy. Rest assured, he had to screw people over.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    *reminds elijah of the time Bush mocked a woman on death row about to be executed*

"Oh, I've found God! I'm sorry I murdered those people! Let me off!"

"Well, if you've found God I guess you're square when you meet him in person, eh?"
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I would never have a beer with someone as conservative as Bush. How can you excuse his policies and just say he's a nice guy? I wouldn't trust him for sh1t.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

As [b]all[b] of them have...,

Like you said,

For another, you don't get to be POTUS by being a nice guy.

Comment

reminds elijah of the time Bush mocked a woman on death row about to be executed
                          What happened there? I dont know about this.

Comment

Im separating policies from his personality. Because of his policies, I would like to see him tried for crimes against humanity, and I would very much enjoy the explosions if he ever met the founding fathers.

Comment

I view Bush as a bumbling, yet well-meaning and likeable guy.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X