Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sister wants a computer for making movies and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sister wants a computer for making movies and...

Shes asked to consult the geeks of the internet. So I need reccomendations. I know, a mac. but which one?

Get one of the clam-shell iBooks. They don't come any better than that.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Get one of the clam-shell iBooks. They don't come any better than that.
      You can't get those hideous things any more, thank god. They looked like a toilet seat.

Don't get an ibook if you want to make movies. Get an imac, emac, or powermac unless you want a portable, in which case a powerbook.

The flat panel imacs are really good for home movie making and digital photography and all that stuff. That's probably the best bet.

Or you could wait a few weeks and get one of the new PPC 970 Power Macs when they are released. If you are made of money that is.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Your best bet is a PC. Any PC.

Case closed.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Your best bet is a PC. Any PC.
          Not for making home movies.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Ha ha! You just admited that a PC is better for everything else!! .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Ha ha! You just admited that a PC is better for everything else!! .
              You need to take a logic class.

Compare:

Hitler says..

1) Nazism is the best political system.

Agathon says..

2) Not for protecting Jews.

According to your logic it follows that Nazism is better for everything else.

Well his sister can use Gates ass-rapin' multimedia software or use the integrated iapps. The latter are much easier. Or, if she's more ambitious, she could use a version of Final Cut, or she could use whatever inferior software is available for XP.

iphoto made me a digital camera wizard - did you see the cool pic of my toilet?
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

I can tell you from experience - the imac is good for making films. For my advanced french class we had to make a movie, and I used my imac to edit the whole damn thing, and imovie made it really painless. I added in songs, voiceovers, and arranged the scenes to how I wished them to be. Be sure to get a computer with a large hard drive, though, cause if she wants to make really long movies, those can take up ALOT of space.
                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                Drake Tungsten
                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                Albert Speer

Comment

I'm astonished that, as a card-carrying gay man, Asher would stoop to being seen using such an ugly and tasteless system as XP. I'm going to write to the official gay people and ask them to revoke his membership.

I mean it's like being caught wearing beige corduroys or driving an Aztek.

Only feebs vote.

Comment

I can theme XP easily, I can't theme OS X easily.

Frankly I find OS X gaudy and tacky, much like the default XP theme. Alphablending abuse should be a crime. Yes, it's nifty, but does Apple need to apply it to everything like it's a brand new toy?

BTW, what does iMovie do that Windows Movie Maker doesn't?

Comment

I can theme XP easily, I can't theme OS X easily.

Frankly I find OS X gaudy and tacky, much like the default XP theme. Alphablending abuse should be a crime. Yes, it's nifty, but does Apple need to apply it to everything like it's a brand new toy??
                      RIGHT! I've had enough of this bollox. You are now officially declared straight. I'll send the Ted Nugent T-Shirt in the mail.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Ted Nugent

He was cool in 1976 but is now a dork

After calling Dr. Dre's music BS

Dr. Dre is a genius
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Making movies, as in doing digital edting?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

mussssttt....reessissst....urge....to....make....c rude joke...about....film....and....your sister.......

BE STRONG TED BE STRONG
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

XP default theme is ugly, so I switched it to the normal Windows look. Much nicer.

XP is the best, most stable OS ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X