Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this is what happenned to Metallica's sound...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, has anyone downloaded the 40 seconds sample of Dead Kennedy Rolls?

I have read confirmed reports that it is really a new song of theirs, that they played on some public event, and even put it on their site for a while.

Sadly they didn't include it in their album...

I think that Dead Kennedy Rolls, (from what we have) is a good song, and rather similar to Metallica's old style, but somehow renewed.

I really hope they'll do more like this..

Comment

telling from 40 seconds on a live show?

Comment

I'll have to check that one out.

was there another song someone mentioned that wasn't on the album?

Comment

just downloaded it

the first part sound kind of drab and uninteresting.

Near the end it picked up and had promise. It's difficult to judge because of the sound quality.

Comment

and brevity...?

Comment

I must be a freak, because I love this album. Easily the heaviest album since Justice. I'm a die hard metallica fan, what can I say. I never heard of them before Master of Puppets came out. But the first time I heard Battery, I was hooked. It's definately different, but that's what I like about Metallica- they do have varying sound. And the sound quality is intentionally bad, but I like the guitar sound. The best their guitars have sounded since Justice for all.

I'm listening to the DVD right now- and it's turned up pretty loud. The DVD is cool because it has a live feel to it and it has Rob Trujillo playing bass. Much stronger bass sound on the DVD. And the drums don't have that annoying ring to them on the DVD (although I've gotten used to the ring- so it doesn't bother me much)

I'm still not a big fan of the songs My world, and shoot me again though.

Invisible kid even though some of the lyrics aren't all that great, has a good beat to it.

Dirty Window has some lyrics that I don't like much either, but there are some really cool parts to that song.

Some kind of Monster is a really heavy song with a bluesy intro to it.

Frantic is one of the faster songs on the album, though there are slow parts to it as well. I wish the whole song was fast

St. Anger the title track is one of the better songs on the album without a doubt.

Sweet Amber really picks up in the second part of the song. Extremely fast, I like that part.

Unnamed Feeling has been dissed by many, but I like this song as well.

Purify is kind of a silly song- but it is fast and rockin' so I can't complain about that song too much.

But if you check out any song on this album it should be within my hands. A very heavy song. And is a perfect finish to the album.

And I can't get enough Rob Trujillo. I have to see them live without a doubt. I hope they do more touring than the Summer Sanitarium tour.
              Last edited by Dis; June 22, 2003, 21:32.

Comment

Sirotnikov, you sound like you feel the band somehow owes you music you'll enjoy.

I've never seen a sense of entitlement this big outside of a high school classroom.
                darkgrendel: DM, writer, and all-around raving lunatic.
                Proud member and administrator of the Wavy Club

And no, I'm not dead.

Comment

Working...
                X