Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this is what happenned to Metallica's sound...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it just me being dizzy or am I allowed to post?

Comment

Master of Puppets? That song has other lyrics as well
      I know that. I was talking about the lyrics of the entire song. Their later songs have better lyrics, like the Black Album, which I worship and adore with my entire heart.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

It's a brilliant plot, see. They can't really stop people p2p:ing their tracks, so they just make them so that no-one wants to download them.
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Lars can't drum for crap anyway.

Old Metallica is good, but this new album just sounds like the latest crappy numetal band. which I don't like.
          Time to take out the trash. You know its easy but it seems harder every time you try and think about it.

Comment

my opinion is most important an I say

*drum beat*

Comment

I haven't heard it yet, but I don't like the idea of no guitar solos because Hammett's such a strong player. At least a few transition solos would be nice...

Guess I'll have to cross my fingers wait for a new Tool disc.
              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

well I like it, so there

I listened to it all day today as well. The middle of the album is a bit weak with My world, and shoot me again. Some people liked those songs, but I don't.

Yeah a few solos, here and there would be nice. I'm not a big fan of solos though. The solo I like a lot is in the song Battery. The 10 second solo before they start cranking out another verse. There is another solo later in the song which is longer though. I like the solos in 4 horseman too.

Only time will tell for me. Right now I'm still in the new phase, so I may overly like it. I may like it less as time goes by. But right now I seem to like it better than the Load/Reload albums, and I think I like it better than the Black album as well. And I like it better than Ride the Lightening. It can't touch Kill em all, Justice, and Master of puppets though.

I do have a complaint about some of the lyrics. I like the song Purify- but the lyrics don't suit me. Purify- you and I. That is one line I hate. don't purify me- I like being impure . And the song Invisible kid has a stupid rhyme. He rhymes kid with grid- which doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Lyrically this album is far inferior to Load and the Black album.

But I'm happy it is heavier than those album. Lars is a great drummer. He is jammin' in this album. Although I admit the drum sound takes a bit to get used to. Lots of double bass drum which I love. The snare drum is annoying at first, but I'm used to it now.

The guitar work I love. I love the guitar sound. Sounds really gritty, and muddy, and kind of grungy in parts. And I love the speed of the guitars. Especially in songs like Frantic, and the end of Sweet Amber. I only wich it was faster

Comment

Oh you Metallica whinos stop whining about what you want Metallica to sound like.

I remember when everyone was saying how they "sold out" when they came out with Unforgiven.

If Metallica sounded the same on every single album I probably wouldn't listen to them.

Kudos to Metallica for being INNOVATIVE
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

while I am used to the low sound quality and muddy sound.

I usually do hate it when directors and now producers it seems use low quality techniques to be "artsy". I hate artsy Nothing is more annoying than watching a movie with a shaky camera. WTF! Is it too much to ask for a steady camera?

But I do enjoy the fact this is the heaviest Metallica album since Juscice for All.

Comment

Well justice does have some very fast and heavy songs, which are very thrash. But I never cared much for it's sound. The drums on Justice are rather annoying and the guitars are .. erm.. mashed or something.

But one thing that Metallica had going for them (except for Kill Em All and a song or two on load / reload) is good lyrics.

I have no idea why did they say that "everyone" wrote the lyrics, instead of James, because 99% of the lyrics talk about James being reborn, learning to channel his anger and ysing his life better

I really hate it when artists that have no good products make intentionally bad products and then claim them to be artsy and "a comment about the high expectations for perfectness in our society".

God damn man. You spend 1000s of $$ on studio work because you actually want the sound to be good.

What's the friggin idea of making it sound bad intentionally? If I want to hear bad sounding music I'll go to the local bar where a local sh*tty band playes. When I listen to Metallica I expect something more.

Comment

I liked the live performance of Blackened

(one of the Blackened riffs is in 7/4 )

Comment

I like blackend myself.

though I don't usually count the beats..

Comment

it's fun to know it's seven, though

they opened it with battery and master of puppets, just how cool can that be

Comment

Its been downhill since the black album imo
                              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Kill Em All started pretty well. The next three albums reached the pinacle of thrash metal. Black started downhill. Load fell off the cliff. Reload stayed dead at the bottom of the cliff. Now, St. Anger has found a way to burrow underground even lower than the last 2 albums.
                                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
                                X