No announcement yet.

The best US Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is San Diego on that list? San Diego was always my favorite. Never had another favorite.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Where the hell is Camden?
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

There seems to be two horrible mistakes.

You forgot Memphis, home of the Blues, Elvis (that's important to some!), and great BBQ, among other things. It stands with Atlanta as the greatest of South Eastern cities.

And you, for some inexplicable reason, included Baltimore...
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I didn't understand that one either... maybe a joke?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

my votes...

San Francisco, Chicago, Seattle, New York and Washington(i dont know why i like it but i do)
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Boris, you are so good with your jokes.. who taught you such good humor?
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

1. Minneapolis
                2. Bemidji, Northern MN
                3. San Francisco
                4. Seattle
                5. Philly

The fall color of Bemidji is AWSOME with all the Sugar Maples, Red maples, and Beech Trees in the area; and the pines are HUGE. Bemidji also has a life-size statue of Paul Bunyan and Babe the blue ox. DON'T forget about the snowmobiling in winter (they were invented in Minnesota, afterall).

Comment

What's so horrible about Baltimore?

...and as such, did the plot in "The Sum of All Fears" contain a dark inside joke for most Americans?

Comment

Chicago, I only have one choice!
                    Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka

...and as such, did the plot in "The Sum of All Fears" contain a dark inside joke for most Americans?

Having lived in the DC area, I can confirm that Baltimore SUCKS!

It's like the Gary Indiana of the mid-atlantic.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Never heard of St. Louis, MI.
                        Perhaps you meant St. Louis, MO?
                        And how could you leave Denver, CO off the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                          1) Incredibly high murder and violent crime rate
                          2) Incredibly high level of poverty and drug use
                          3) Syphilis capital of the U.S.! Woo!
                          4) Downtown, with the exception Charles Street, is exceedingly ugly. The Inner Harbor is manufactured and doesn't fool anyone into thinking its really some sort of culture
                          5) Speaking of culture, there is virtually none. The best thing culturally about Baltimore is the proximity of so many colleges and Universities, wherein culture is imported via their student bodies.

Baltimore has a few great institutions: The Peabody Conservatory, Johns Hopkins, and Morgan State in terms of schools, the Baltimore Symphony in terms of culture...hmmm, that's kinda it.

If it weren't for the 16 years of Mayor Schmoke, Baltimore might be a good place. As is, it's a rundown ****hole which is in desperate need of cleaning up.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

but Syphilis is the STD of royalty - perspective, man!

My Urban Studies teacher was from Gary Indiana, and although I liked him dearly - it now seems to go well with why everyone else in the class coined him "Boring Byron"

Comment

ny, chi, atl, seattle.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X