No announcement yet.

The U.S. should seriously consider giving back the lands it took illegally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first, America should give back Diego Garcia to the country which actually possess it although they don't care (UK, maybe it's actually under NATO-cover, in reality the USA hold it). Secondly, the UK should finally allow the natives to return to their homes from where they were expelled in the 70s for geostrategic reasons, because the US needed an army base there. This is a shame!
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
      I tend to agree, as previously hinted:

...personally attribute the growth of that inadequate framework initially to environmental factors of the region.

Looks as though Mr FunBoi has time only to hurl the tired and easy "racism" bit, yet not specify why?

Calling Amerindians a group of murderers and inbreeders sure count as racist insults in my view.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Only Stalinists want to turn back history. There is no way we can undo the past; trying will only create more past for us to undo.

We just have to be as rational and liberal as we can now and forgive those who came before us.

There may not be such a thing as right of conquest, but the opposite of conquest is conquest and things claimed through it centuries ago cannot easily be given back.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
          At first, America should give back Diego Garcia to the country which actually possess it although they don't care (UK, maybe it's actually under NATO-cover, in reality the USA hold it).
          Oh no. You got those as part payment for WW2 Lend Lease. There's no way the UK taxpayers are footing the bill for maintaining those bases.

Originally posted by Wernazuma III

Secondly, the UK should finally allow the natives to return to their homes from where they were expelled in the 70s for geostrategic reasons, because the US needed an army base there. This is a shame!
          About the same time US gives back Guantanimo Bay, I would think.

Which citizens are you talking about? Bit vague.
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Hmmm, as I recall we were British when we began stealing this country, and the we bought most of the rest, or beat it out of the Mexicans...

This thread is silly. First America is told that we don't know enough about that status in the middle east so we should stay out. Not were being told that we have no right to be in the middle east because we are just like them!!! What!?

Since when did war=stealing? Arguing the fundamental reasons of and for war is worthless... It will happen anyway.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: The U.S. should seriously consider giving back the lands it took illegally

Originally posted by Dissident
              don't ya ever feel guilty about all the people the U.S. trampled over to create that great nation?

If the U.S. is ever going to dictate to nations like Iraq that they can't attacks other nations like Kuwait, they need to look at their own history of land aquisition through warfare. The U.S. has no moral high ground here.

So I do believe the time has come to return the lands of the United States back to its rightful owners.

Hey Jimmy Carter was nice enough to give back the Panama canal, he took the first step.

Who's with me?
              I'm not with you, nor do I feel guilty. If we're going to enforce laws and mores retroactively, we need to go after that bastard Ghengis and those sniveling Mongols.

I can hear Bush now: "KAAAAAHHHHHNNNNNN!!!!!!"

Comment

No, we stole it good and fair
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

While I sympathize with the various Amerindian tribes, I do not feel guilty.
                  I can acknowledge that something historically done was unjust, without personally feeling guilty about it, since I was never involved.

And I suppose if one takes a mental trip to la-la land of utopian vision, you can say we need to return the lands stolen, but that is not pratically possible.

The best we can do is give them their own sovreignty where they currently live, and IF there is some land that is still possible to return, we should do that as well.

Comment

"The best we can do is give them their own sovreignty where they currently live, and IF there is some land that is still possible to return, we should do that as well."

Essentially, keep them as poor, benighted museum pieces for Mighty Whitey? Isn't that what we're already doing?

Comment

Dissident, sometimes you amaze me.
                      Who, in the World, is where they started?
                      Let's just start over.
                      Let's just play a giant game of musical chairs, huh?
                      Those left standing are out.

What would be the difference then ?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                        When it's proven that Indians were the first people and not invaders who killed the first people.
                        Even if they did take it from someone else, a claim which is yet unproven, they had it for ten thousand years. Certainly a long enough time for the sins of the fathers to wash off the children.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oh, I see. Statute of Limitations is in effect.
                          Dumbasses.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                            "The best we can do is give them their own sovreignty where they currently live, and IF there is some land that is still possible to return, we should do that as well."

Essentially, keep them as poor, benighted museum pieces for Mighty Whitey? Isn't that what we're already doing?

With improvement to the system, smart ass.

Comment

The US is totally wrong! We should be acting like China and supporting access of evil members, like PDRK, instead of knocking them off.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Come on. Be realistic.
                                The American Indians were filthy beasts in loin cloths, and that's the ONLY reasons you find them attractive.
                                Not because of their culture.

Comment

Working...
                                X