Dook's Just Can't Handle Nine to Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dook's Just Can't Handle Nine to Five

The hours are alright, it's just a ***** having to get a bus at 7:40 in the morning, meaning setting my alarm for 6:35.

I'm doing some sensitive data capturing about credit cards and what-not, so can't disclose too much more. £5.35 an hour though, so 35 hours a week will see the money rolling in... Especially since studnets don't get taxed in the summer. What a result.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Hehe, I work whenever I bother getting up in the morning to about roughly 8 hours later give or take a few.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

That'd be good. The problem is, I could get a bus that got to town at 8:46, but you just know it would be delayed by traffic.

So it's a case of get the bus at 7:40 and get to town at 8:05, or get it at 8:10 and get there after 9.

At least a couple of cafes are open for a cuppa tea.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Yeah, I have somewhat flexible hours. I usually can't be bothered to show up before 10am, and even then I'd be like the only person there from the group I'm working with.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Sounds like the sort of group I'm working with. Well, it's only two weeks of 9-5. Then I revert to 12-6pm. That's just slightly better..
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Yeah, 12 to 6 is good That's closer to what my college classes are like next semester. I'm hoping my "nothing before noon" policy will result in better grades.
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

It should result in better nights out!
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Welcome back Bods

Students dont get Taxed in the summer?? Can you tell the Inland revenue not to take thier slice of my £17 p/h overtime then!!
                Up The Millers

Comment

too far to pushbike?

Comment

About 6 miles. I've cycled there a few times and it would be no problem, apart from the sweat.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

All depends on cycle paths , try looking for a path that covers most of the route, if so there is no need to sweat, 6 miles can be gently cyled in under 30 minutes
                      Up The Millers

Comment

Might be an idea with tomorrow looking quite decent...
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Re: Dook's Just Can't Handle Nine to Five

Originally posted by Boddington's

The hours are alright, it's just a ***** having to get a bus at 7:40 in the morning, meaning setting my alarm for 6:35.

I'm doing some sensitive data capturing about credit cards and what-not, so can't disclose too much more. £5.35 an hour though, so 35 hours a week will see the money rolling in... Especially since studnets don't get taxed in the summer. What a result.

What a wuss -- I get up at 5:30 every morning, from Monday through Friday for my temporary, full-time job -- but it pays well.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I work 8:30 to 4:45 every day but I have the advantage of having a car so no messing around for me
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              I work 8:30 to 4:45 every day but I have the advantage of having a car so no messing around for me
                              Yeah, but you're in Hull so it probably takes you around 3 hours to get home.
                              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Working...
                              X