No announcement yet.

Dook's Just Can't Handle Nine to Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 15 minutes before 5 is very handy...it means I can beat most of the traffic...and I am out early enough to miss the worst of it too, so it doesn't take me too long...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You will get taxed if you earn enough. Just don't work for more than a few months a year as a student and you'll be okay. I'm paying tax at the mo, but getting it all back (Around £400) next Easter will be handy for me.

Comment

Re: Dook's Just Can't Handle Nine to Five

Originally posted by Boddington's
        I'm doing some sensitive data capturing about credit cards and what-not, so can't disclose too much more. £5.35 an hour though, so 35 hours a week will see the money rolling in...
        Is this sarcasm?
        I make way more than that.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well.....
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Re: Re: Dook's Just Can't Handle Nine to Five

Originally posted by MrFun

What a wuss -- I get up at 5:30 every morning, from Monday through Friday for my temporary, full-time job -- but it pays well.
            I worked 12am-8am 6 days a week (more than fulltime) in a hot-as-hell bakery a couple years ago.

Of course, now I work 8-4 in a nice, big airconditioned office with big windows, but that's beside the point.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Re: Re: Dook's Just Can't Handle Nine to Five

Originally posted by Asher

Is this sarcasm?
              I make way more than that.
              Shhh. Don't let the working poor know they make slave wages, they will get all uppity!
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Dook's Just Can't Handle Nine to Five

Of course, now I work 8-4 in a nice, big airconditioned office with big windows, but that's beside the point.
                Wotcha doin? Something computer-related no doubt.
                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Well remember that wage is in pounds so it's worth more..
                  "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Shi: It's still only ~$8.50CDN/hr. I realised it was in pounds.

Cal: Programming.

Comment

5.35 isnt bad for a student, as many jobs 'targeted' at students are on the minimum wage of 4.20 so 5.35 is ok. Consider a full time week time week at that rate would earn Bodds £200, over the summer it's probably about £2500, about half of the annual living costs for a student.

Of course, I woudnt get out of bed for less than £6 p/h myself.
                      Up The Millers

Comment

I get more than that and I'm not even in a "proper" job yet. Hah.
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Dook's Just Can't Handle Nine to Five

I worked 12am-8am 6 days a week (more than fulltime) in a hot-as-hell bakery a couple years ago.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

mine starts at 1 PM
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
                              mine starts at 1 PM
                              whimp
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

My job starts at 21:00.

...and ends when my boss says it does, recently around 11:00.
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X