No announcement yet.

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're all crazy. Nirvana is the real world equivelant of Wyld Stallions!
    Attached Files

Comment

Well they aren't delegates to a hairdressers' convention that's for sure.

Comment

Comment

Ecthelion, how can you think as Pearl Jam as an overrated band given the fact MTV, VH1 and popular radio virtually never play a Pearl Jam song? Were you thinking about critics, or..?

Comment

They're quoted among the people I know. And they sound sh!t.

I wouldn't know about their public/media popularity though.

Comment

01) Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

0wnZ.

20) AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long

0wnZ.

36) Joan Jett - I Love Rock ‘N Roll

0wnZ.

52) The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up

0wnZ.

75) The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated

0wnZ.

96) Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party!)

0wnZ.

Is there any punk on this list? It's a pity that AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long was the only real metal song that made it. Yes, Metallica, NiN, and Def Leppard do suck.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I think it's an ok list. I mean, you have to realize that it WILL be slanted more towards the present, that is also why Eminem was 4. He'd definetly be in the top 10 anyway, but they probably wanted a modern song in the top 5.

#1 was a great choice, IMO. That song was HUGE!

And though I think "Closer" by NIN and "Wonderwall" by Oasis should have been higher (and add a Billy Joel song or two), it ain't a bad list at all.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Eh, if Eminem got #1, I would personally have a fight with VH1.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I don't think they'd give a damn, Solver

Comment

Probably.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon

Pearl Jam is probably the sorriest band to ever stand in the shadow and ride the coattails of another band. Eddie Vedder would still be prostituting himself for crack if Nirvana hadn't paved the way for their suckfest music.
                        You won't believe this, but it's actually the reverse. Sort of.

Pearl Jam is made up of Eddie Vedder and all the surviving members of a band called "Mother Love Bone", which, if you ask around, you will find was at the top of the Seattle Grunge scene before the lead singer ODed.

Mother Love Bone paved the way for bands like Nirvana and Soundgarden.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Oh my God, it's full of crap!
                          By the way, am I weird if I don't like Nirvana, but like Pearl Jam (one of my favourite bands ever)? Does Nirvana really have any other "good" songs besides Smells Like Teen Spirit, which is, imho, a mediocre song?
                          "Relax, pay your income tax!" - The Fast Show
                          "Once you discover white paint, you'll never wash your underwear again." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                            pathetic

Nirvana was the most overrated band EVER

and that song sucks

why not evenflow by pearl jam, not as #1, but at least to replace smells like teen bullsh1t
                            I agree with you 100%
                            "Relax, pay your income tax!" - The Fast Show
                            "Once you discover white paint, you'll never wash your underwear again." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

where's the puke smiley when you need it.

Yuck, Yuck, and more yuck.

And they names some of the groupes worst songs.

Billy Jean

Sweet Child o Mine?

Those aren't their best songs.

Comment

I will argue anytime, anywhere, with anyone who pays for my beer that the greatest songwriter of the last 25 years is, without a doubt, Elvis Costello. "Pump it Up," "Radio, Radio," and "Oliver's Army" kick the ass of almost everything on that list (though, technically, "Pump It Up" may be 26 years old...).

Several cases of right singer/wrong song, too: "No Souveniers" is a way better Melissa Etheridge song than "Come to My Window"; "Pink Houses" is a better John Cougar song than "Jack and Diane"; "Freedom, Part 2" or whatever its called is a better George Michael song than "Faith"; and pretty much everything Sheryl Crow's ever recorded is better than "All I Wanna Do."

And, for the record, the best song on that list is actually:
                                59) Meat Loaf-Paradise By The Dashboard Light
                                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X