No announcement yet.

Computer upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm.. if you do use the hack and it turns out like that with the checkboard effect, how easy is it to undo it?
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Very easy. You just re-install the original drivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
        And hey, maybe you would have some money if you didn't quit your school and leave it with an utterly useless degree, stumbling around aimlessly whacking people with your walking stick and looking for a job, any job...
        Oh yeah, the utterly useless Oxford science degree

Besides I have money - I just want more...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think it's obscene for Provost to take cracks at me for parents "made of money", especially considering he still lives with his mother, and he's what, in his mid-20s?
          Still doesn't mean I don't pay my way though, I pay my mother a considerable amount of money to reside where I am plus I pay for everything else myself, including my computer, my car, clothes, etc, etc...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            Oh yeah, the utterly useless Oxford science degree
            The problem isn't where it's from, it's what it's in.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Hey Provost, tell me did you see Ming's (or was it MtG?) warning not to continue this?
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Any info on MB or CPU mean time between failure stats?
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• I think it's too soon for failure stats on the Opterons, but the Athlon 64 (Opteron-based) already has hundreds of errata on AMD's website and it's not even out.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Yeah, that's my traditional reason for AMD avoidance. Some of the servers I'll have to service if they crap out will be 300-400 miles away from my base, so I really don't want to have to babysit them more often than necessary. Especially on a fixed fee contract basis.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• The 37 page errata document for Athlon 64 is here if you're interested: http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...docs/25759.pdf

Comment

I think it's too soon for failure stats on the Opterons, but the Athlon 64 (Opteron-based) already has hundreds of errata on AMD's website and it's not even out.

Clearly, the thing to do is to fix the bugs before you launch a product. Not after.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• I'm sorry, hasn't Opteron been launched?

The errata affect both cores.

Comment

• I saw it for sale on a website...

Comment

I'm sorry, hasn't Opteron been launched?

The errata affect both cores.
                              How old is that document?
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Well it seems like my dad suggested waiting a bit instead of upgrading now.. damn it.. oh well..

Comment

Working...
                                X