Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Military Rollcall....

...as we call it in the Navy, "Muster".

Since Mark is off in the Greek Army doing whatever it is Greek soldiers do, Che is claiming the military takes away your personality, Tassadar's "kid" wants to join up and Sprayber is back from the Middleeast, I thought we ought to have a Military muster. This is for current and former Military types, of all nations, although you Civilian types can ask questions here.

Paygrade: E-3, but I put on a Petty Officer 3rd in a month and a half.
    Service: United States Navy
    Job: Cryptologic Technician Maintenance, I'm in the Naval Intelligence community, mostly fixing machines but I've been trained to write up reports too.
    Most interesting Duty station:, erm, San Diego?
    Sea Story/FUBAR: Since I've only been in for a year, it's a bit limited. See my Stoopid Ensign thread.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Branch - United States Air Force 1974-1978
    Rank - Honorable Discharge E-4
    Job - War Readiness Mobility
    Most interesting duty station - They all had something to speak for them.
    Story - How much we laughed at Navy personnel, and the prices they paid, for...things.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Bite me, Senior Airman.

By the way, what's "war Readiness Mobility"? Were you a truck driver?
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Among other things. A Ford F-100, jacked up in the back.
        No joke.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Army
          PFC-honorable
          Borderguard/mortarman 11C
          Hof, Germany
          Story-Once there was a princess...
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Question: if you identify yourself by pay grade, does it mean you were non-commisioned? Or do commisioned officer also identify by pay grade?
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Among other things. A Ford F-100, jacked up in the back.
              No joke.
              Truly Fascinating.

Lancer, your thread made it seem like you'd have more stories than The Princess Bride...

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                Question: if you identify yourself by pay grade, does it mean you were non-commisioned? Or do commisioned officer also identify by pay grade?
                Paygrade is just a good blanket statement to cover your "rank", whether it's enlisted (Rate) or commisioned (rank).

Comissioned Officers have Paygrades. O-1 through O-10

Enlisted E-1 through E-9

Comment

An officer's pay grade is O-XX.
                  Enlisted is E-XX.

Comment

Hmmm...I wonder which posters has had the highest rank (period, any country)? Was it AH?
                    I guess I have to wait to see.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

You mean, you'll consider Aussies???

Comment

AH was in the Army?

Comment

Branch: US Navy (87-90)

Paygrade: E-2 (busted down for disobeying a direct order not to consume alcohol until my release)

Job: Plane Captain (deck worker on CVN70 Carl Vinson)

Station: Whidbey Island WA. and the boat.

Can't think of a story to tell yet.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Kidicious, that's just deploreable.
                            I assume you are still doing 100 Hail Mary's each day ?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Kidicious, that's just deploreable.
                              I assume you are still doing 100 Hail Mary's each day ?
                              No, those days are long behind me. I'm trying to think of a story I can tell that won't get me banned.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X