Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch/Belgian Apolyton Meet: Amsterdam, 6 September 2003

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Belgium is divided into a part that speaks Dutch (in the form of the dialect Flemish) and a part that speaks French (and a very small part that speaks German).

    Comment


    • #17
      ... And I think most (all?) Apolyton Belgians are from the Dutch speaking part.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

      Comment


      • #18
        Sorry I haven't seen thread earlier. You should have posted this at Apolyton community.
        For personal reasons I've chosen to completely ignore all discussions on Apolyton OT. (The only reason I'm here posting is because Fantagraphics, the comics publisher, is in serious trouble.)
        The level of personal self indulgence, perceived self importance, flippancy, arrogance and ignorance (either blatantly feigned or shockingly real) is now starting to reach Newsmax levels. Maybe it would be palpable if some wit was used but even that is in short supply these days.


        As for a Dutch Poly meet, could be. I'm not sure at the moment though. I'm also planning another FUADEC in London this time. Which will sap even more time then last year.
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

        Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Mercator
          ... And I think most (all?) Apolyton Belgians are from the Dutch speaking part.
          Not really, but I do believe all the prominent ones are

          I considered PMing all prominent Dutch Apolytoners and pointing them here, so people like CapTVK (and there's a lot of those) will see this thread as well. But doing so will probably take some time and I'm rather busy with uni at the moment. Hopefully I'll have time for this next week... (unless someone beats me to it, of course )
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Azazel
            Come to the London meeting.
            hi ,

            , take the train to the mainland , .....

            panag might drop in with a couple people in july , ....

            have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

            Comment


            • #21
              * bump
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

              Comment


              • #22
                Whoa, you go on vacation for just one week and people come up with this

                I'd like to meet you all, but not when it's related to some event, be it a football tournament, the HCC thing or whatever.

                Mercator, I'm going to Lowlands too, I'll buy you beer

                Seriously, let's pick a day in July or August and a bar in Amsterdam and just do it. With our Belgian friends (not the Vlamms Blok guy though, I want to have fun, not picking a fight).
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Sounds good to me too.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Hueij
                    Mercator, I'm going to Lowlands too, I'll buy you beer
                    I haven't decided yet, but I'll keep that in mind.

                    (not the Vlamms Blok guy though, I want to have fun, not picking a fight)
                    I think he's quite alright too...
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I think he's quite alright too...

                      Maybe, but I stepped into this Antwerp cafe once... And I read his posts on foreigners (read non-white people living in Flanders.) I'm just hoping the Ijzer bedevaart is during the same weekend as Lowlands, it'll save me some trouble
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I'm up for it, but I don't do football
                        Speaking of Erith:

                        "It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          ...and would anyone have a comfy bed or even a floor I could put my air mattress on?
                          Speaking of Erith:

                          "It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Quite tempting to turn up just so they all have to speak in English
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              PH, I have a couch with your name on it

                              And IW, don't worry, we all speak English with an endearing accent... Though we probably will be speaking Dutch just to piss you off
                              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                              And notifying the next of kin
                              Once again...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                As the crow flies, Amsterdam isn't much further than London for me...and I live in a major ferry terminal that serves Rotterdam (well not in the ferry terminal itself - you know what I mean )
                                Speaking of Erith:

                                "It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X