Road map: stupidest peace plan ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road map: stupidest peace plan ever

After some arguement Israeli ministers agreeded to accept american peace plan known as "Road map". Also they asked USA for 14 additions to the plan. As it seen from TV news nobady in goverment hope, that plan will work. Most of them say something about: "Yes, we must support USA, but we know, that the plan will fail. Our main task and main purpose of the accepting road map is to show world community, that palestinians can not deal with terror and can not accept road of peace. We are not afraid of all duties that we took on Israel, because Abu-Mazen's Palestine will quit road map before us". According to the survey most Israelis do not support road map. Even Israeli arabs do not support thus plan. So we see pre-electional political game of US president and also way of justification american anti-Iran acts.
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

'morrow, I'll answer you.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

What is tommorow? I see, that your post is timed 00:06 Israeli time...
      money sqrt evil;
      My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Yaani, today.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

The Bushies will most iekly change very little of the roadmap. They are not the type to take suggestions, specially from those inferior to them (as surely the PM of Israel is to the President of the US).

As a plan, this is one fo the very few Bush acts I support. I think if the admin. stuck to it, it would at least lead to some movement. But I don;t think the BUshies will want to spend the political capital to do it.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

as far as I've heard, "not a comma is to be changed". This road map is highly favourable of the Israelis, and for them not to go along with its EVERY word would be an insult to the Palestinians.
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by orange
              as far as I've heard, "not a comma is to be changed". This road map is highly favourable of the Israelis, and for them not to go along with its EVERY word would be an insult to the Palestinians.
              How is it"highly favorable of the Israelis"?

You're right though that the road map will not be changed, but not for the reasons you mentionned. It won't be changed because the Palestinians have said that they won't accept any changes, and the West won't do anything to upset the Palestinians.

The truth is that this Road Map is complely unrealistic and naive. For example, it calls for a completely democratic Palestinian State that is tolerant, respectful of human rights and religious freedom, and completely free of any ties with terror groups. Anyone who thinks that is gonna happen, there is a bridge over the Tigris river, I'd like to sell to you!
              'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
              G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Road map: stupidest peace plan ever
                And what have you got on the table then?

Comment

After going through this forum several times, I know the true meaning of leftist incompetence.

If the plan sucks, why don't you try to come up with something better? Come on.. bring it on! Tell me something better! I am pissed off because you never have anything at all. You denounce that Bush sucks, but you can't even come up with anything for your part.

Quit complaining, sitdown, be quiet, and wait.

Orange this goes for you too. The road map favors the Israelis? Since when? Bush is saying both have the right to exist fairly.

I am sick and tired of the complaining that occurs in this forum. It is the same old story.

Bush does this, Bush does that.. why don't you get overselves.. and suck up to the fact that your little whining will not make the situation better nor do you have a plan to make anything better.

I hope all of you complainers stay out of politics and diplomacy.
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

The road map may suck, but it's the best we have for now. It is a jam full of concessions towards all the participants : Israel, Palestine, Europe, Russia, UN, and of course the US, so of course it is far from being fully satisfying.

BUT, it is the first time since the start of the intifada that all these actors are trying to come up with a plan together. The road map by itself will prbably not bring peace. But if it manages to get Israeli and Palestinians to negociate, with the monitoring of a unanimous international community, it can be the right start.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

at Fez! muxec, the diplomat, as leftists?

Sorry Fez, look at who agrees with you and who doesn't....

Don;t worry, your head won;t explode from your little world being turned upside down.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Okay Fez, here's the Chegitz Peace Plan A for Israel and Palestine.

Annex the territories and make the Palestinians full citizens. Now you both have a country together. Make it work.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Make it work.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Road map: stupidest peace plan ever

I can't wait to see the Comic Store guy from the Simpsons with a tee-shirt that says this! ^^
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

But if it manages to get Israeli and Palestinians to negociate,
                              I thought part of the point of this new peace plan was that it mostly bypassed negotiating between the Israelis and Palestinians, with the quartet getting each side to take actions towards the goals independent of the other side.

And yes, the (7!) page roadmap relies more on optimism than on realities, I fear.
                              "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X