No announcement yet.

Arafat met the Anthrax - The Anthrax Didnt Survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange - your claims are poorly done. Assassination is really not terrorism. Terrorism is by definition aimed to terrorize the leaders by hurting civilians, not to remove them.
    Since when does it specifically have to do with terrorizing leaders or hurting civilians? Terrorism causes terror. When senators were being sent letters laced with anthrax, it wasn't simply "assassination" attempts, it was terrorism. This is no different, especially since mail and parcel carriers could have been easily exposed as well.

As for Azazel hating Palestinians, this is just a friendly troll (hence the rolleyes), so you can ignore it
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

A friendly troll is denoted by a winking smilie. A rolling eyes smilie has tons of meanings.

As far as terrorism goes- that's the difference between terrorism and guerilla. Terrorism means you aim at civilians. Guerilla means you aim at government / army. both lead to terror, but only one is terrorism.

Killing hitler = guerilla assassination.
      Killing germans walking on the street = terrorism (unless by means of bombing the city, in which case it is somehow covered by war regulations IMO)

Comment

Siro - I contend that the means is more important than the act. Again, my bus scenario, that would be terrorism. Taking a shot at Sharon with a pistol would not.
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
          If the Isrealis send Arafat a letter with Antrax in it why on earth are they complaning about the suicide attacks anyway?
          I don't see anyone claiming Israel did it . The article states: "Mr al-Hassan said the package originated in the Far East"

(Though honestly, I suspect that, like the dozens of claims of Anthrax since the original incidents, it will turn out that it wasn't anthrax.)
          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
            but i mean to suggest that arafat is solely responsible for all the problems with peace and killing him would change a lot is daft.
            We will never know as long as he lives. Without him, how much killing do you think there will be?

Comment

there might be more if hes assasinated
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

It's true there could well be a Backlash, although this may be the price of achieving long term peace.
                Up The Millers

Comment

It may not literally be considered terrorism, but if GW Bush received an anthrax-laced letter tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar the 'terrorism' card would be played like the ace of spades.

And, personally, I don't think making a martyr out of Arafat would do anyone any good. Let him die an incontinent, pathetic old man.
                  "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                  "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                  "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                    We will never know as long as he lives. Without him, how much killing do you think there will be?
                    hi ,

if he and the key leaders would be gone , almost none , ....

his money should be given to the palestinian people

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                    X