Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Yes
    6 No

I agree that the current point system is unbalanced, but I kind of like it that way: keeps things interesting until the end...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

5) N
      6) N

Comment

6 - yes
        5 - no
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

The results of the votes for proposals 5 and 6:

5: Bonus points for goals scored by tour proposed topscorer.
          yes: 2
          no: 5

6: Bonus points for predicting that unseeded teams go to the second round of the CL
          yes: 2
          no: 4
          abstain: 1

That means that both proposals were rejected. And Mike's vote on proposal 2 means that that is also rejected. That means that it is now time to vote for the scoring system.

For the Champions League group matches I had already posted this: we get 2 points for each team that goes to the second round, 2 bonus points for predicting the group winner and 1 bonus point for predicting which team finishes second. Nobody has suggested an alternative for this, so this will be accepted unless someone posts a different proposal this week.

For the rest of the scoring system, we can either keep the current scoring system, or go with Wernazuma's proposal to make it a bit less progressive. If we accept Wernazuma's proposal we also have to make some changes to the UEFA Cup predictions and points for the CL and UC winners and the CL topscorer. I suggest the following scoring system based on Wernazuma's proposal:

Champions League:
          Qualifying rounds: 1+1
          First round groups: 2+2
          Second round: 3+3
          Quarter finals: 4+4
          Semifinals: 4+4
          Final: 5+5
          CL winner: 15 (4 points if your predicted winner loses the final)
          Topscorer: 6 (2 points if your predicted topscorer finishes second)

UEFA Cup:
          First round: 2+2
          Second round: 2+2
          Third round: 3+3
          Fourth round: 3+3
          UC winner: 8 (3 points if your predicted winner loses the final)

Wernazuma, I hope that you like this. If you don't like this, let me know what you would like to change. If I don't hear anything from you before Tuesday, we will start voting on this scoring system vs. the old scoring system that I posted a few posts up. If anybody has any other suggestions to change the scoring system, post them before Tuesday.

Comment

Yes Locutus, this seems to be quite what I intended to propose!
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

It's time to start voting about the scoring system. We have a choice between two proposed systems:

1. Based on the old scoring system that was used this season:

Champions League:
              Quarter finals: 5+5
              Semifinals: 7+7
              Final: 10+10
              CL winner: 25 (6 points if your predicted winner loses the final)
              Topscorer: 10 (3 points if your predicted topscorer finishes second)

UEFA Cup:
              Semifinals: 5+5
              Final: 7+7
              UC winner: 10 (4 points if your predicted winner loses the final)

2. Less progressive, based on Wernazuma's proposal:

Champions League:
              CL winner: 15 (4 points if your predicted winner loses the final)
              Topscorer: 6 (2 points if your predicted topscorer finishes second)

UEFA Cup:
              UC winner: 8 (3 points if your predicted winner loses the final)

The scoring system for the teams that progress from the first round groups in the Champions League will be decided seperately; so far there have been no alternatives to my proposal earlier in this thread.

You will get one week to vote on the scoring systems. Next Tuesday I will post the final results. On Friday UEFA will perform the draw for the qualifying rounds. I will post a new thread during the weekend where you can post your predictions.

And my own vote for the scoring system: I vote for proposal 2.

Comment

I like the progressive scoring, it keeps the championship alive more. I know it's not as fair but I'm voting for fun.

Vote for proposal 1.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

I am voting for 1 too, well I won this season because of it so it gives outsioders a chance too...

Last three correct scores I still can't believe it

Keeps the competition alive for longer... more fun that's all... and the best "predictor" gets the honorary title of being the person with most correct predictions for the whole game - at least we know who it is
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

The less progressive system is a lot fairer but it's not as if there's anything at stake here (except for bragging rights ) so I'd favour proposal 1 as well.
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I shot up the rankings from #7 to nearly winning because of the scoring system, so my vote is for proposal 1.

Comment

It looks like proposal 1 is going to win.

UEFA has just performed the draw for the CL qualifying rounds. I have started a thread where you can post your predictions. You have almost three weeks to post your predictions, but I'm starting the thread early because some of you will probably go away for some time during the summer.

Comment

Proposal 1 won with 4-1 votes. I have posted the threads for the Champions League and UEFA Cup qualifying rounds.

Comment

Working...
                          X