Champions League predictions - the final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champions League predictions - the final

You can find the rules for the Champions League predictions here. With only the final to play, six people can still win.

Manchester, Wednesday, 28-05-2003:
    Juventus FC - Milan AC

The current standings:
    Code:
     1 Locutus           357
     2 OneFootInTheGrave 352
     3 Zopperoni         350
     4 Wernazuma III     349
     4 Paul              349
     6 MikeH             337
     7 Yaroslav          325
     8 Fergus Horkan     272
     9 Wille             263
    10 Big Crunch (SD)   262
    10 Eli               262
    12 Sloth             238
    13 CyberShy          223
    14 Notyoueither      214
    15 Giovanni Wine     199
    16 Lars-E            130
    17 Fiera             127
    18 Academia           88
    19 Azazel (Dalgetti)  83
    20 End Is Forever     79
    21 FrustratedPoet     69
    22 Fistandantilus     68
    23 Zealot             47
    24 Victor Galis       46
    25 Sirotnikov         42
    26 Bas                33
    27 Daz                30
    28 Boddington's       21
    29 JohnIII            17
    30 Saint Marcus       15
    31 Dr. Stiby           4
    32 Juggler             2
    33 Rothy               0
    Now that this season is almost over, it is also a good time to start thinking about next season. If you have any suggestions for things you want to change, post here and we'll see what everybody thinks about it.

My prediction:

Manchester, Wednesday, 28-05-2003:
    Juventus FC - Milan AC 1-1

Comment

Juventus FC - Milan AC 1-0
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Juventus FC - Milan AC 1-0

Comment

I am changing my prediction because OFITG also predicted 1-1 in the old thread. my new prediction:

Juventus FC - Milan AC 1-2

Comment

I wait for Locutus.
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Juventus FC - Milan AC 1-4
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Bah, for the top 6 this is more about getting a unique score than about getting an accurate score

Fortunately I only have Zop to beat (assuming Juve wins, otherwise everyone has to beat me ), so I have some options. I'm going for:

(Sorry, OFITG) And I'm not going to change it, regardless of what anyone else does
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                  Bah, for the top 6 this is more about getting a unique score than about getting an accurate score

Fortunately I only have Zop to beat (assuming Juve wins, otherwise everyone has to beat me ), so I have some options. I'm going for:

(Sorry, OFITG) And I'm not going to change it, regardless of what anyone else does
                  That's OK... I would think that 1-1 is the most likely score too so well let it stay anyway, I think that next season we should have some anonymous final round as a pm to Paul as basically the semifinal is the true decider at the moment ...

edit:

OK I coldn't resist ... I'll say 0:0 between the two... so the most boring final ever i'll give myself a chance

AC Milan 0:0 Juve - with AC Milan winning on penalties 7:6 for some excitement at the end.
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

My prediction:

Juventus 2 - Milan 0
                    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Well, it's 2-0 for Juventus then and I think that's what I'd have bet anyway. Forza Juve!
                      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

You wait for my prediction so you can still beat me but once you know it you go for a prediction with which you can never defeat Zop? (Hint: he gets 25 bonus points for correctly predicting the winner if Juve wins)

Or am I ruining things for Zop now?
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I hate soccer but everytime I make up some prediction that's the time it happens!

Juventus- Milan 2-2
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Zop bet on Juve as winner? Damn it, I'm lost because Juve wins for sure (they have to!). My mistake, but I wont change my prediction anymore, I've placed the bet.

Comment

You have 24 hours to post your predictions.

Comment

Working...
                              X