Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palestinian Weapons Ship Caught(yet again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palestinian Weapons Ship Caught(yet again)

A ship carrying weapons to the Pal territories was caught yesterday by the Israeli Naval Commandos.

According to Arab networks, at least one Hizballah man was on board.

It got publicized and uncensored only now, so there isnt much more to tell at the moment.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

The Palestinian leadership isn't concerned with peace at all. Even if Arafat (the biggest terrorist) leaves or dies, whoever takes his place will still be a terror-supporter. Even the new leader is just a puppet. And it seems like every time Sharon bites his lip and withdraws from an occupied area, a rash of suicide bombers attack. IMO... Terrorism is engrained in the Palestinian culture. It's either a case of clear support or apathetic support (like the Saudis with Al Qaeda). The terrorism "culture" doesn't care about peace, they just want the annihilation of Israel.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Congrats Eli, you beat me to it!

That's interesting, I hope more details will soon emerge.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
        Congrats Eli, you beat me to it!
        I was with the finger on the "submit thread" button since 22 hours ago when the rumors began to spread.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Azazel, Eli, Siro: What do you guys think of my opinion of the Pals? I have no first-hand experience. I've never been to the region. All I know is what I get from news sources. Am I wrong?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, I haven't been to the region eithier, but I agree with your analysis.

I think that it will take at least a generation of peace to change the Pal culture. IMO, the only solution is to have a buffer zone between the two countries (if we actually ever get two countries) that is patrolled by third party non regional states.

Of course, the problem will never be solved until all Arab governments finally come to the realization that Israel not only has a right to exist, but that it will exist no matter what the Arab viewpoint is. The Israeli's, for their part, need to recognize that the Pals must have an increase in their living standards and conditions before they will be able to begin to change their culture.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Azazel, Eli, Siro: What do you guys think of my opinion of the Pals? I have no first-hand experience. I've never been to the region. All I know is what I get from news sources. Am I wrong?

Personally, I think that "Terrorism" is not ingrained in the palestinian culture. But their culture is way too shauvenistic and "respect"-dominated. Revenge is a very strong driving force, to gain "Honor" and **** like that.

Israel has been winning, so they want revenge, and a very large part of the population has absolutely no problem with using horrendous means like suicide bombers targetting civilian populations.

A palestinian leader that would see that only a peaceful resolution guranteeing lasting co-existance of both states is viable will have to be very strong to break through the cycle of violence, esp. the enormous parts of palestinian society that fully support it.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

The Palestinian leadership isn't concerned with peace at all. Even if Arafat (the biggest terrorist) leaves or dies, whoever takes his place will still be a terror-supporter.

I don't know much about this , either. But, IMO, arafat has to go. Either die off, go into exile.... anything. I think he is the single biggest obstacle to working the roadmap.
                "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Panag :

I heard that the amount of weaponry on board of the Abu Hasan(the ship) is similar in size to Santorini, not Karine A and it's a big difference.

Comment

I think what concerns me the most is that for every one of those weapons, there is a person willing to pull the trigger and kill civilians.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That's a good point, Sava. I wouldn't mind having a palestinian army with tanks and whatever, if we had peace. I think it's condescending of us to demand any such thing.

Besides, it's not like they would be much of a challenge.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Eli, I want to post this on another board, got a news article about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          I think what concerns me the most is that for every one of those weapons, there is a person willing to pull the trigger and kill civilians.
                          I wish it was like this.

The problem is that for every one of those weapons there are 10 people willing to pull the trigger.

-

In today's situation, Hamas' bottleneck is not recruiting suicide bombers, but constructing the explosive belts.

Comment

Eli, Do we know where this ship sailed from? What country did the weapons have "end use" certificates for?
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                            X