"I would like her a lot more if she weren't Muslim"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgetting the point people!

I still think you should be very straght and honest with your mom, telling her that you found waht she said terribly wrong. But make sure that wehn you do it, you are not still angry, becuase arguemnts like this started from anger can really deteriorate.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

tell you mom she's pregnant. after the first heart attack, it's easy sailing.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

DP, poly's dying/!!!!
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

is anyone else getting an ad for a "Jewish Singles search" everytime they click this thread?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Well JW, your Mom is just trying to protect you, in a strange kind of way.

My advice is talk, listen, talk some more, listen, talk, keep listening, and grind her down to the point where she MIGHT admit this girl is OK on her own merits.

What she wants from you is a) Loyalty and b) compliance. If you can give her a) without compromsing on b) maybe she'll see you're growing up.

Whatever you do - and this is the hard part - DON'T lose your temper. I've found that many female relatives curl up into a ball when they see my feelings have been hurt.
            Not a teenage whine - more of a "hopeless, what's the matter, how can you do this to me".

Best of luck mate. Best of luck.
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I don't know what I'd do in this situation... my parents don't care who I date. I've never dated a Muslim though.

Let's see, I've dated:
              born again Christian
              Jewish
              Catholic
              Lutheran
              and I'm currently with an atheist/agnostic like myself
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you have had 5 girlfriends, Sava?
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                  Exactly who is this person? just a friend or what?

Just as an aside, Moslems are forbidden from marrying non-God believers... they're not supposed to marry Buddhists, Hindus, Confucians, athiests etc.
                  Not only that but Muslims, like Jews and some Christian sects, are not supposed to marry non-believers unless there is an expressed agreement that the children will be raised as Muslims. I've always wondered what would happen if a Catholic and a Sunni marry since both are supposed to have the kids be a seporate religion.

Just more reason to ditch the religious nonsense and marry the person you love.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
                    Only since Israel was created have muslims almost universally started to hate Israelis.

Spot the difference?
                    Cruddy, you are wrong. The fundimentalists universally hate people of the opposite religion. The difference is there is a 1 billion plus muslims and a fraction as many Jews ergo there are numerically more Muslim fundamentalists. Though I suspect as a percentage of population there are similiar numbers of fundamentalists in both groups.

Religion has had a net negitive effect upon humanity and has driven a wedge between groups which share common ancestors and a common origin such as Jews and Muslims.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

has driven a wedge between groups which share common ancestors and a common origin such as Jews and Muslims.
                      Islam has also united such different groups as Bulgarians, Nigerians, Arabs, Altai, and Indonesians...

Christianity has had the same effect of uniting very different racial groups and cultures.

Comment

I've dated only Christians, but I'd date a Jew.

JW, does your new Moslem GF know of your flag here on 'poly?? If I not i suggest she doesnt get to see it
                        Up The Millers

Comment

This seems pretty simple to me.

Simply tell her shes an ignorant bigoted ***** and that she should go to hell.

People should not judge others on the basis of religion.
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

tell her youre converting
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                              you have had 5 girlfriends, Sava?
                              oh yea. he's such a little slut.

Comment

5 girlfriends...5 fingers? coincidence?
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X