• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--"a b + c * x ="

Small correction...

It would be:
    a (enter) b + c *

The x = bit wouldn't be put in to the calculator. X is the answer you're trying to get out of the calculator ^_^ And RPNs don't have equals keys, although there is an enter key that serves a different function (one of the reasons for getting a graphing calculator with RPN - you can run multiple equations pretty much side by side and feed the results into each other as necessary).

Wraith
    e to the x dy dx! e to the y dy! sin x cos x ln y!

Comment

"Well apparently Einstein never memorized his phone number on the basis he could always look it up... so "
      Im not saying this is not true, just that its almost certainly an urban legend or an exageration.
      Maybe his phone number, but he knew his age, or his adress or somebody else's thats for sure.
      Needing to remember where to look up all this useless trivia takes almost more memory work than to remember it.
      Im not saying your particular example isnt true, just that if we checked , im almost certain that he remembered lots of "useless" trivia.

Comment

The same with add table up to 10.
        Anyone can look it up, but its used so often that its much quicker to learn it, and even better to "understand" it, understanding for example that addition is commutative, associative...
        Everybody knows that (maybe not the words but the concept) and use it all the time in real life, although I have it written in some of my analysis books, it would be stupid of me not to know it to look it up...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          I never liked RPN...
          -Infidel!

Many of you have said that calculators were banned for your Calc classes. Are you NUTS! For the calc class I'm taking next year, they're *literally* required (as in they require you to have one).
          -Calculators can never be *required*, they can only make certain problems easier Hehe, I used to be able to generate certain Taylor polynomials faster than my calculator.
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
          X