Hey! Belgians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! Belgians!

You know the political Internet tests you got in many countries when election's approaching? You put in answers and you get the parties who think as you do? Well, I was reading the Europa Universalis forum's thread about Belgian elections, and apparently they've got them in Belgium, as well. I'm a sucker for this kind of tests, but naturally am handicapped by my unability to understand the language. Can someone point me to some tests and possibly even translate them?
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

You actually forced me to make one.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

No I didn't. I didn't even use the whip more than once. Twice.
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I'll try to translate it

(Yes, I am very bored)
        In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
        In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Hm, I just took the test:
          Attached Files

Comment

Crappy translation:

1 Flanders should become completely independent
            2 Giving longer sentences is not a solution for crime
            3 The imperialism of the USA is the greatest threat to world peace
            4 The social security should not be split (between Flanders and Wallonia), and must remain Belgian
            5 Non-European immigrants who have lived in Belgium for 5 years should be allowed to vote in elections for the city counsil (?)
            6 Catholic education has an added value (?) and should continue to exist
            7 The taxes in our country are to high
            8 The differences between the Flemish and Francophones are overall small, ultimately we're all Belgians
            9 Communism is not a real solution for the problems of our society
            10 We must invest more in crimeprevention, instead of repression

11 The government chokes private initiatives by too many regulations and forms
            12 Despite its shortcomings, de free market is de best way to "steer the society" (?)
            13 Illegals should be deported without further ado
            14 Unemployment... checks (?) should not be too high, otherwise no-one would want to work
            15 Young criminals should be (able to be) put in youth-prisons
            16 Everybody has the right to decide for himself to end his life in case of unbearable suffering or a terminal illness
            17 De presence of immigrants also means a cultural enrichment for our cities
            18 The justice system should give thougher punishments
            19 Islam isn't unify-able (?) with our western way of life
            20 It's not that bad that the taxes in our cou ntry are that high, because the government makes good use of the largest part of the money

21 If you're unwilling to work, you don't deserve to be supported by the government
            22 It starts with softdrugs and ends with harddrugs
            23 If the worldeconomy improves, the situation in the third world will improve by itself
            24 The government should be run as a company
            25 There is not enough attention paid in education to teach respect for authority (?)
            26 De battle against criminality exists out of prevention and repression, but prevention is certainly the most important
            27 Overall, the government should breach the freedom of the citizens as little as possible
            28 Social inequality remainst the most important problem
            29 If you want to work, you can work. Unemployed people who have been unemployed for too long should be dealt with thougher
            30 The recent ban on sigarette advertisements should be maintained

31 Wealth is created by dynamic people who take initiative and dare to take risks
            32 Income is a humanright
            33 Unsafety and criminality is the most important problem of our society
            34 First I want a job, then clean air
            35 In our society almost everyone has the same opportunities. People who are succesfull owe it to themselves
            36 Our country is much to strict for asylum seekers
            37 The differences between the highest and lowest incomes are to high
            38 There are already enough industrial areas
            39 The "family farming" (? small farmers) in Flanders is threatened by a flood of environmental regulations
            40 The king has to much power

41 People shouldn't rely completely on the government, but should also provide for a decent pension themselves
            42 The large political parties are to closely connected to "belangengroepen" (? it's something like pressure groups)
            43 Government companies (?) should continue to be privatised
            44 More police on the streets won't solve the crime problem
            45 Owners of "zonevreemde" houses should be able to continue to live there ( zonevreemd= if your house is built in a non-residential zone, several houses like this have been demolished)
            46 Our welfare state with social security is something to be proud of and should be cherished
            47 if it is good for the environment, people should pay more for the processing of garbage and products which damage the environment
            48 Without suspicion against your fellow man you can't survive in our society

And click on "Geef de uitslag"

Comment

Zopperoni: Vlaams Blok and NVA?!

(you aren't Flemish, are you?)
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

If the Belgian SP.A is the same as the Dutch SP it probably placed me a bit too far to the left but I'm quite happy to see I have so little in common with Vlaams Blok
                Attached Files
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Actually people, those parties are just the Flemish parties, there aren't any nation-wide parties. (only Walloon and Flemish)
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I'm Dutch, and I took a wild guess on some Belgium-specific questions.

Comment

Locutus: the SP.a is more like the Dutch PVDA. And the Belgian PVDA is like the Dutch SP, but much further to the left I think

My results:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                        I'm Dutch, and I took a wild guess on some Belgium-specific questions.
                        Well you appear to be a good Flamingant either how.

Comment

Originally posted by August Borms
                          Locutus: the SP.a is more like the Dutch PVDA. And the Belgian PVDA is like the Dutch SP, but much further to the left I think

My results:
                          Former stalinists even.

Comment

Locutus: the SP.a is more like the Dutch PVDA.
                            Well, that sounds about right...

And the Belgian PVDA is like the Dutch SP, but much further to the left I think
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Crappy translation:

1 Flanders should become completely independent
                              2 Giving longer sentences is not a solution for crime
                              3 The imperialism of the USA is the greatest threat to world peace
                              4 The social security should not be split (between Flanders and Wallonia), and must remain Belgian
                              5 Non-European immigrants who have lived in Belgium for 5 years should be allowed to vote in elections for the city counsil (?)
                              6 Catholic education has an added value (?) and should continue to exist
                              7 The taxes in our country are to high
                              8 The differences between the Flemish and Francophones are overall small, ultimately we're all Belgians
                              9 Communism is not a real solution for the problems of our society
                              10 We must invest more in crimeprevention, instead of repression

11 The government chokes private initiatives by too many regulations and forms
                              12 Despite its shortcomings, de free market is de best way to "steer the society" (?)
                              13 Illegals should be deported without further ado
                              14 Unemployment... checks (?) should not be too high, otherwise no-one would want to work
                              15 Young criminals should be (able to be) put in youth-prisons
                              16 Everybody has the right to decide for himself to end his life in case of unbearable suffering or a terminal illness
                              17 De presence of immigrants also means a cultural enrichment for our cities
                              18 The justice system should give thougher punishments
                              19 Islam isn't unify-able (?) with our western way of life
                              20 It's not that bad that the taxes in our cou ntry are that high, because the government makes good use of the largest part of the money

21 If you're unwilling to work, you don't deserve to be supported by the government
                              22 It starts with softdrugs and ends with harddrugs
                              23 If the worldeconomy improves, the situation in the third world will improve by itself
                              24 The government should be run as a company
                              25 There is not enough attention paid in education to teach respect for authority (?)
                              26 De battle against criminality exists out of prevention and repression, but prevention is certainly the most important
                              27 Overall, the government should breach the freedom of the citizens as little as possible
                              28 Social inequality remainst the most important problem
                              29 If you want to work, you can work. Unemployed people who have been unemployed for too long should be dealt with thougher
                              30 The recent ban on sigarette advertisements should be maintained

31 Wealth is created by dynamic people who take initiative and dare to take risks
                              32 Income is a humanright
                              33 Unsafety and criminality is the most important problem of our society
                              34 First I want a job, then clean air
                              35 In our society almost everyone has the same opportunities. People who are succesfull owe it to themselves
                              36 Our country is much to strict for asylum seekers
                              37 The differences between the highest and lowest incomes are to high
                              38 There are already enough industrial areas
                              39 The "family farming" (? small farmers) in Flanders is threatened by a flood of environmental regulations
                              40 The king has to much power

41 People shouldn't rely completely on the government, but should also provide for a decent pension themselves
                              42 The large political parties are to closely connected to "belangengroepen" (? it's something like pressure groups)
                              43 Government companies (?) should continue to be privatised
                              44 More police on the streets won't solve the crime problem
                              45 Owners of "zonevreemde" houses should be able to continue to live there ( zonevreemd= if your house is built in a non-residential zone, several houses like this have been demolished)
                              46 Our welfare state with social security is something to be proud of and should be cherished
                              47 if it is good for the environment, people should pay more for the processing of garbage and products which damage the environment
                              48 Without suspicion against your fellow man you can't survive in our society

And click on "Geef de uitslag"
                              Thanks August. But would you translate your translation for me? Is the list an order of priorities, if so is it in numerical order? Or, what is the most pressing issue in that list for the average Belgian?

Comment

Working...
                              X