Matrix Reloaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Persephone allow the Merovingian"

So, can anybody tell me, who plays Persephone (Merovingian's wife).

My first thought was "Hey that's Monica Belluci", but my wife disagrees strongly.
    "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
    "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
    - Pekka

Comment

• Starring:
      Keanu Reeves Carrie-Anne Moss
      Laurence Fishburne Hugo Weaving
      Jada Pinkett-Smith Daniel Bernhardt
      Harold Perrineau Jr. Matt McColm
      Nona Gaye Stuart Wells
      Adrian Rayment Neil Rayment
      Gina Torres Steve Bastoni
      Randall Duk-Kim Roy Jones Jr.
      Anthony Zerbe Christine Anu
      Gloria Foster Collin Chou
      Ngai Sing Rupert Reid
      Lachy Hulme Helmut Bakaitis
      Lambert Wilson Monique Montez
      Che Timmins Harry J. Lennix
      Clayton Watson Marcus Young
      Ousaun Elam Harry Lennix
      Monica Bellucci Cornel West

Comment

• Oh, something recently popped into my head. So far, we have yet to actually see the civilization of the AI. But something's gotta be using all that human juice, right?

I think this lends credence to the theory that Zion and what we think of as the matrix are just one big matrix, or maybe two matrices right next to each other or something.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Trip.
          I actually saw Belluci's name in the credits, too.
          But that was not enough to convince my wife
          "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
          "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
          - Pekka

Comment

• Is the choice of the name Persephone accidental? Here is a bit from the mythology of Persephone:

"The beautiful daughter of Demeter and Zeus, Persephone is the focus of the story resulting in the division of the seasons, giving us the sweetness of Spring and the bitterness of Winter. Hades did not woo the beautiful Persephone, he abducted her and took her to his underground kingdom. After much protest, Persephone came to love the cold blooded king of the underworld but her mother, Demeter, was consumed with rage and sorrow. She demonstrated her anger by punishing the earth’s inhabitants, gentle and fierce with bitter cold and blustering winds. Unless Persephone was returned of to her mother’s side, the earth would perish.
            Herakles came to the rescue. He entered the kingdom of Hades and negotiated a compromise between the (usually cold and selfish) Hades and the (usually loving and caring) Demeter. All agreed that Persephone would to spend part of the year with her husband, Hades, and part of the year with her mother, Demeter.
            When Persephone is with Hades the earth is wracked by the sorrow of her mother. But, when Persephone returns from the underworld to walk the earth again, Demeter pours forth the blessings of Spring to welcome her beloved daughter home."
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Thue

Huh? - Zion is not destroyed yet.
              Quite. And remember from the trailer "It ends tonight"...probably quite significant...would probably fit with when Zion would be destroyed and perhaps when a major system crash would occur...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Movie is pretty good. Good action. Philosophy is a bit too much, but as it is a side issue nobody pays attention anyway. I for one have no idea what it is all about

There is a thing about the action scenes that makes one somewhat uncomfortable when watching them. They are impossible, but the way they kick without leverage and swing in midair is disturbing. Sometimes they have to fall, sometimes they do not. I would that they made their mind is gravity a factor or not

Compare to Jackie Chan movies where he also does impossible stuff but something you can identify with

And the main woman character, Trinity, is a bit washed out. Not ugly, but god damn depressing. I would have prefered to see more of Naobi character, or Bellucci.

Comment

• okay...this is my new interpretation of the merovingian. Like i said, some sources claim they are descended from greek gods. I think he is to provide an opposing view to that of choice. The ancient greeks believed their lives were controlled by the gods. It is possible that he is an incarnation of Hades, the "keeper of the underworld," or here, the keeper of the matrix. Persephone supports this view, and it is clued at when the merovingian asks the trio if they would like something "to eat, to drink," which was persephone's entrapment...
                  "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• You what Kaak?

And remember VetLegion - they are in the matrix, they have the ability to bend or plain defy the rules within it, especially Neo...
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• they are in the matrix, they have the ability to bend or plain defy the rules within it, especially Neo

I was raised on kungfu movies and I find most fighting visualy attractive but also a bit iritating. I don't know how to describe it well enough, but the way they bend rules of physics is annoying.

For example, I can live with increased strength and slow motion. Neo jumping into sky = good. Neo kicking someone from midair and staying there = bad. They should have respected basic laws of action and reaction, leverage and so on, even if characters have increased speed & strength (and precision).

Give me Jackie Chan any day

Comment

• Rumble in the Bronx = Best Kung Fu Ever Made

Comment

• *spoiler warning for those who still havent seen it*

I saw it too some weeks ago. I did not like it at all. It was boring and with stupid dialogues, especially that french guy, his stupid cake and his boring guards.

And the so hyped Highway Scene was one boring long thing.

The whole movie is so full of unnecessary scenes. The rave scene. The sex scene. The Seraph fight scene. The way-too-long Smith after Oracle fight scene. The stupid talk with the senator. The whole unimportant Niobe jealous thing. Whole Zion....

But of course we know that already.

Comment

Working...
                          X