Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raghar

5. What is a Troll?

On Usenet, a Troll is someone who posts messages in newsgroups with the deliberate intent of provoking flames or heated discussion or, in the case of a destructive troll, an attempt to destroy the group.
    But..I am a nice Troll

I do enjoy baiting some folks..because..I see some folks as easy targets.

For real..I enjoy Posting and reading many posts..but as intelligent as Ming or MtG or Solver may indeed be, just because they say something doesnt make it absolute truth, just they are moderators, and they seem for the most part to be level headed.

But, sometimes they can be..well..

I sometimes post for intelligent combacks and sometimes just to see how thin someones skin can be.

I believe [most]some {all} "troll" one time or another.

................bite..da...bait..c'mon.....

its an art form...

But..I dont care for those whom insult with personal viscious attacks.

Peace

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

That's the beauty of the term. The verb, 'trolling' evokes fishing metaphors, while the noun, 'troll' evokes the picture of a smelly, ugly beast who lives under bridges hoping to eat children.
      Hmm..actually, I do hang out under bridges sometimes, not to eat children, but to look for some slimey low-life foreigners..see..they come to Trolldom, to see the Uggey smelley beatie-monster...but..whoa to him whom riles the ire of Troll!!!

J/K

I am a nice "Peaceful"

Grandpa Troll
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Re: Does Trolling Really Exist?

Originally posted by Kramerman
        I dunno, but to me it seems it is just a figment most of the time. I have a feeling that once people start to noticeablely lose an arguement or debate, they then take it to the extreme, in order to say, "oh, i was just trolling..." instead of admitting defeat. They use Trolling as a cover up to their true stupidity.

Or maybe im wrong. Maybe there are people who derive sick and sadistic pleasure from frustrating others with mock-hatred, stuborness, and stupidity. But im gonna stick to my hunch that trollers are just people looking for an escape out of a failed arguement, most of the time. Im not talking about those one liners mind you, but trolls that are lengthy and numerous posts.

thoughts?
        Nice troll.

Comment

I had a thread that called all liberals trolls

I think it was locked for some strange reason.

I still stand by that argument though.

Comment

Some people think I'm a troll. It's not true, I'm not trying to inflame people's emotions as stimulate their brain cells.

the problem lies is the last part of your sentence
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Troll

Hmm..actually, I do hang out under bridges sometimes, not to eat children, but to look for some slimey low-life foreigners..see..they come to Trolldom, to see the Uggey smelley beatie-monster...but..whoa to him whom riles the ire of Troll!!!

J/K

I am a nice "Peaceful"

Grandpa Troll
              Hehe... i was waiting for you to respond to this...
              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
                Can someone explain trolling to a person not familiar with every English slang word? Trolling to me means "drag the lure behind the boat and wait for the fish to bite".
                Basically it's just someone trying to goad a person into a fight, only verbally.

Comment

Re: Does Trolling Really Exist?

Originally posted by Kramerman
                  But im gonna stick to my hunch that trollers are just people looking for an escape out of a failed arguement, most of the time. Im not talking about those one liners mind you, but trolls that are lengthy and numerous posts.

"Trolls don't exist! Seriously! It's um....they.....want to try to get out of an arguement! Seriously, there aren't trolls at all. I'm not joking."

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

this whole thread is obviously a troll

Comment

Re: Re: Does Trolling Really Exist?

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

"Trolls don't exist! Seriously! It's um....they.....want to try to get out of an arguement! Seriously, there aren't trolls at all. I'm not joking."

oh my, what have we here?...

The duke of trolls has emerged from his bridge
                      "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                      - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Trolling exists and is very often used.

Trolling is usually when you don't care about the argument you just like the responses that come back.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                        X