No announcement yet.

Cats 'farmed for skins in EU'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stray cats can often be a menace to local wildlife.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I would like human population control. I think you should have a license to have a kid.

Anyways, its not a bullsh1t argument at all. Ever been to a humane society in the US? Millions of animals are put to sleep each year because they don't have homes. Maybe it's not as bad in Israel, but if your dog was in the US, he'd probably father a litter of bastard puppies that would end up dying alone and sad in some shelter. Neutering = humane
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
        Stray cats can often be a menace to local wildlife.
        True, but it not really the cat's fault for trying to survive, is it.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva

True, but it not really the cat's fault for trying to survive, is it.
          It's the dumbass peoples' fault for not neutering.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't think there are dog pounds in Israel. Never seen any. There are animal shelters, where they're held in enclosed spaces, but on the open air.

I would like human population control. I think you should have a license to have a kid.

I don't think I would make the grade.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

IIRC, some European countries are also the only ones in the world to ban cat declawing, so there is certainly a dichotomy here...
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

If a cat goes or gets outside, with no claws, it's in deep stuff.

Boris. Do me a favor.
                When you go to Europe, take care of my light-work, ok.
                Skin some Euros.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  If a cat goes or gets outside, with no claws, it's in deep stuff.
                  Like out in the backyard?

Still got nasty teeth.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Still got nasty teeth.
                    Not remotely as effective as having teeth and claws. The vets who do declawing usually will only do so if the owners avver the cat will be kept indoors at all times.

Declawing is disgusting, IMO. If you want a cat, be willing to make the effort to train it not to claw things. Don't have it's claws amputated, it's an atrocity.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Still got nasty teeth.
                      My cats keep the rabbits from destroying the garden and eating the vegetables we grow. They also keep the area free from mice.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They can't climb a tree with their teeth.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hm, large felines kill by biting, not clawing. If you watch a doco about a lion killing a buffalo, it's the bite to the neck that kills. The claws might help the lion to get a grip on the beast, but that's about the extent of it.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR, you are flat out wrong. How do you think the cats pull their prey in for the kill? They claw, grab, and PULL!
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hm, large felines kill by biting, not clawing. If you watch a doco about a lion killing a buffalo, it's the bite to the neck that kills. The claws might help the lion to get a grip on the beast, but that's about the extent of it.
                              You think a housecat is going to defend itself from a dog 3 times bigger than it (at least) like that?
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

My cat couldn't destroy our carpet without his claws
                                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                                X