No announcement yet.

"President Bush's Brain"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think 7½ minutes of dead air with the caption "Bush's Brain" would have been funnier. CNN needs new writers.
    ... and this is sweeps week in the US, isn't it ?
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
      Aliens built the pyramids!

They did, you know. That's why that eye with the death rays shooting from it on the back of the dollar bill.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

They're in the US gov! No wonder Bush Jr. is aiming for world domination...
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky
          I think 7½ minutes of dead air with the caption "Bush's Brain" would have been funnier.
          The funny part being 7 and a half seconds would have been factual.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The funny part is the caption/title of this thread is named after something that doesn't seem to exist: "President Bush's Brain"
            Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
            To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

CNN has some really sloppy, incompentent, and (apparently) malcontented people working there. I don't think this is about bias, Lancer, as so much about a lack of basic competency and work skills at CNN, especially in the captioning department - remember, these were the same gang of idiots who said that the Shuttle was going 18 times the speed of light when it broke up.
              Last edited by JohnT; May 8, 2003, 08:34.

Comment

Lancer, do you forget the Clinton years so easily? CNN, like all media, is critical of the president in power. BIG SURPRISE... For instance, Clinton was attacked on his draft-dodging constantly. In fact, every time he went to a military event, the topic came up. But yet, Bush is playing Top Gun and nobody seems to care that he dodged real military service. He just did it the rich Texas kid way.

FoxNews has infected your brain.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, he served in something. I heard it today, don't recall. Air national guard maybe? He went awol for a year though. That beats my record.

Elden, blah blah blah.

JohnT, thanks I'd forgotten the speed of light thing.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Sava, he served in something. I heard it today, don't recall. Air national guard maybe? He went awol for a year though. That beats my record.
                    Yeah, he served in the "Champagne" division of the Texas National Guard where he flew outdated jets and pretty much did nothing. Even with that cushy post, he wasn't happy. That's why he went AWOL to satisfy his coke habit.

My point being, everyone bashed Clinton, yet I don't recall everyone claiming CNN was biased then.

EDIT: This jet thing got me thinking (which is dangerous). The media is always showing picture of Saddam holding guns, in military uniforms, citing how he is a militaristic guy. Bush was in a Navy jet. I don't see a difference between the two.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                      CNN has some really sloppy, incompentent, and (apparently) malcontented people working there. I don't think this is about bias, Lancer, as so much about a lack of basic competency and work skills at CNN, especially in the captioning department - remember, these were the same gang of idiots who said that the Shuttle was going 18 times the speed of light when it broke up.
                      That pales compared to the CNN interview with black Republican activist, Niger Innis. They misspelled his first name...I probably don't have to tell you how. About a year and a half ago IIRC.

Also there have been those maps with Switzerland identified as Czechoslovakia or vice versa.

Sheeesh.

Edit: Innis was MSNBC, not CNN.
                      Last edited by uh Clem; May 8, 2003, 10:06.
                      "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

CNN is spawn of the devil.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Yeah, CNN is such a liberal hotbed that they made a big stink about how the USS Lincoln was so close to shore when Bush landed on it that they cameras all picked an angle to make sure the people could not see san Diego in the background (which meant turning the ship around), also of course provingt that the reason gievn for why Bush had to land on a jet and not go by Chopper (carrier to far out at sea) was utter sh1t. Oh wait, they didn;t say that...silly me, they are really hot beds of pro-Lancerist thought!
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                            I don't think this is about bias, Lancer, as so much about a lack of basic competency and work skills at CNN.
                            I agree with John. This isn't about bias, its about shoddy journalism. CNN is awful.
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

this is turning into one of those X news is left/right thread

News sucks. None of them can be unbiased. I suggest you live in a cave and hear the latest gossips from word of mouth.
                              :-p

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                                Yeah, CNN is such a liberal hotbed that they made a big stink about how the USS Lincoln was so close to shore when Bush landed on it that they cameras all picked an angle to make sure the people could not see san Diego in the background (which meant turning the ship around), also of course provingt that the reason gievn for why Bush had to land on a jet and not go by Chopper (carrier to far out at sea) was utter sh1t. Oh wait, they didn;t say that...silly me, they are really hot beds of pro-Lancerist thought!
                                Why is it important for Democrats to attack Bush on the carrier landing? I assumed it was something he really wanted to do -- for he fun of it. But, at the same time, carrier landings are extremely dangerous. It was almost foolish for the president to do such a thing.

But, ever since the landing, CNN and the Democrats have made this a major issue. They have been complaining severely about the grandstanding and about the fact that he actually wore a military flight suit. The crassness of Democrat carpers is simply amazing to me.

But CNN's obvious bias against Bush is extremely grating on this American because they purportedly are "objective." They are not. I only wish they would simply label themselves as the Democrat party network.
                                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                                X