What separates a Mac from a PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
    I've yet to work more than 12 hours straight on a mac without a single crash.
    Mine has been running for 3 weeks without a restart now
    And that time I restarted becouse I had upgraded the system
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

• I've prevented 2 people from buying a Mac and they bought a pc instead.

I'm so proud of myself!
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

• Originally posted by August Borms
        I've prevented 2 people from buying a Mac and they bought a pc instead.

I'm so proud of myself!
        Way to GO!!!

But the ALT doesnt really help me, i tried it in my explorer, it underlines them temporarily only, AND on the top of the window. But I want them to be underlined all the time, specially in right click option windows. There has to be a box I can check to enable them somewhere.

Comment

• When you ask that kind of question, you're bound to start a holy war.

Anyway, here's a link that puts things in a new perspective:

The monkeys are listening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
            1) Give an example of a so-called Registry problem under Windows XP
            Here, check this forum and find a few dozen yourself.

Originally posted by Asher
            2) Your comment about DLLs clearly shows you don't understand .NET or even how XP handles DLLs.
            You lose. There's no .NET anymore.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• I suppose it is a matter of what you want to do with it.

I have never used a Mac, but on an intel-based PC I prefer Windows for entertainment but Linux for work. I am sure it is the same for Macs - some things will be nicer on PCs and some nicer on Macs - it just depends what you want to do.

Comment

• Hmmm. No, can't think of anything I'd rather do on a mac. Oh, yeah, the radio station bit of iTunes is quite cool.
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  Here, check this forum and find a few dozen yourself.
                  Kindly help me find them on that site, because I'm seeing lots of "problems" where people use the registry to change values, remove traces of programs, etc.

But I don't see anything dealing with problems with the registry itself.

You lose. There's no .NET anymore.

By .NET, I'm referring to the .NET CLR, managed code, etc.

And there certainly IS a .NET, Explorer.exe in Longhorn is written in .NET (Managed Code), and Visual Studio .NET 2003 just shipped last week.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                    Becuase my message will fall away if I dont do this......

[size=5]WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING TO ACT LIKE MORMONS SAYING "MY RELIGION (eg computer. But your all acting like its a religion) IS BETTER THAN YOURS!!! HAHAHAHHA".

PANAG: PCS ARE FINE.

ASHER: MACS ARE FINE.

BOTH OF YOU NEED TO STOP ACTING LIKE AMERICAN TEENAGERS AND BEGIN DEVELOPING A RATIONAL, CIVILIZED THOUGHT PATTERN AND JUST ACCEPT THAT 5 PERCENT USE MAC AND 90 PERCENT USE WINDOWS.

OK?!?!?! [

Now.......IMO, PCs triumph over macs. The MACs I've seen freeze too much, didn't have too much software, most games are PC first......But I hated Windows 98 cause it crashed more than a mac.

Windows XP is the perfect OS for me. I can leave it on for days, even weeks at a time without it crashing.

To me, it's also faster. I can detect a difference. I don't care if Photoshop takes .6234603684206849083423 seconds longer to load on my PC. I don't care if some microsoft program takes .70298436092834068236 seconds longer to load on a Mac. If I can see a difference, then I'm going to go with the faster and cheaper one.
                    hi ,

no need to use huge print , .... i use both

i have seen several pc's who where problem childs , yes , more then mac's who would only be working okay ones oem software was uninstalled or after a reformat , ....

as for certain cad programs , i agree that even a trackball cant do it all , but ones you are used to one , you never want a mouse again

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck Birdseed

I've yet to work more than 12 hours straight on a mac without a single crash.

Yes. Mind you, OSX Wouldn't install on 3 of our four macs, and ran crap on the last, so we decided against it. Whereas on the PC, You've got a whole series of relatively stable OSses to chose from... A PC the age of these macs and the same price (ie. much higher specced) would run 98SE very nicely, an OS which doesn't just crash out randomly when you try to open a picture in the wrong format.
                      Well whoever is running your system must be incompetent. You can slag off OS 9 all you like. It's competitor was Windows 98 which is perhaps the worst operating system ever sold (I know this - I had to fix my parents computer because of it). Apple has moved on since then.

I've set up three OS X systems recently for colleagues who are even less techie than me. There have been no problems at all.

OS X runs just fine on the systems it is recommended for. As long as you put in enough memory it shouldn't be a problem.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• So are you saying that we should pay even more money to be able to use our Macs in a stable, decent way? What happened to your much-vaunted "Low TOC because they last forever" argument, lovingly brushed under the carpet eh?

Anyway, There's no OSX-native version of the only Mac killer App, Quark XPress. No wonder so many newspapers are switching to PC/Adobe Indesign...
                        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• /me quickly scans through the thread, then concentrates on that new kernel patchset from Andrew Morton again... hm... I wonder if EVMS will apply on top of this cleanly... *
                          This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

• why do mac users have such an inferiority/superiority complex that they must call attention to themselves and talk about how great macs are. PC users for the most part dont care.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• MRT I think this thread makes ur statement pretty observationally untrue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                                Windows 98 which is perhaps the worst operating system ever sold
                                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                                X