Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Phone thread: do you use them and if you do, what's your device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My device:

(i didn't pick it. my father bought it for himself, to save space [he had a bulky one before] but then decided it was too small for him, and bought himself a bigger one. I got this one)
    Attached Files

Comment

Calling cards? those suck IMHO. you can always check you bill anyhow, so why bother?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II
        you mean with calling cards..
        No, they're cards that put X amount of minutes on your phone. The minutes last a month, but if you add more minutes at the end of the month then your old leftover minutes don't expire. I bought 250 minutes that last for an entire year, which is another option. It's not a calling card, because once you enter the card's information into the phone the card is just worthless plastic, and you'll never need to enter its access number or PIN or whatever ever again.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Nokia 3650, My phone
          I use it to surf the net, take dodgy photos of my friends and play mp3's
          Last edited by laurentius; May 2, 2003, 18:55.
          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

I use payphones and calling cards. seems to work for me and is cheap
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I've got a bog standard Nokia 3330 that I can't live without simply because of all the txt messages I send. I want laurentius' phone however. The 3650 is kickarse.

I'm still amazed that in America you get charged if someone calls you and that pre-paid minutes expire at the end of the month. In the UK, you only pay if you call/txt someone and any minutes from a pre-paid card stay in your account until you use them.
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                I'm still amazed that in America you get charged if someone calls you and that pre-paid minutes expire at the end of the month. In the UK, you only pay if you call/txt someone and any minutes from a pre-paid card stay in your account until you use them.
                It all depends on the calling plan, really. Trac Fones are cheap ass phones, which is why there aren't any perks to them -- I see them as no-frills emergency phones and nothing more. I was talking to a mobile phone junkie the other day, though, who was trying to decide whether he'd prefer Phone A (which had unlimited text messages, didn't charge for incoming calls, had unlimited calling minutes between 7:00 PM and 6:00 AM, and had 400 minutes available for the rest of the time) or Phone B (which had no test messaging, charged for incoming calls, had unlimited calling between 7:00 PM and 6:00 AM, had 600 minutes available for the rest of the time, and cost half as much as the other). It all depends on what you're looking for, i.e. how tied to your cell phone you are.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Btw, Azazel - I think that in Israel until a few years ago, people would also pay for incoming calls.

Comment

yes. mainly for work. I really don't have much of a social life

I use AT & T service and use a motorola. I did have cingular service before and a Nokia phone. I may go back to that.

Comment

Mine is a Nokia 2100. Got it just a couple of days ago.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Samsung and Nokia.
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas
                        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Siemens M50, I had a Siemens C35i before this one. My network provider is Vodafone, and I'm quite content with it.

Comment

Sirotnikov: That was a COUPLE OF YEARS ago. in cellular time history, we're talking stone age.

Zop, that's a great phone. simple and effective.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

It terms of cellular history, US is hardly entering the iron age

Comment

yeah, they're lagging behind. But in terms of Broadband internet connection, we've just invented fire, while the Japanese have already landed on Alpha centauri in both fields.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X