Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Phone thread: do you use them and if you do, what's your device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Phone thread: do you use them and if you do, what's your device?

Hi, so I got me a new mobile phone yesterday. My old one was pathetically old, circa 2000, IIRC. The thing was enormous, and lately, the batery was getting lazy, so I decided to get me a new one.

here it is, a Samsung 624.

This one is around 4 inch in length, including the antenna, and weighs... next to nothing, really. It has WAP. woohoo.

here's my old one. It about 1.8 times the length, about 5 times the weight.

So, do you use cell phones, what are the models that you use, etc. Do you hate cell phones, what are your ringtones , and how much do you use them.
    urgh.NSFW

I terminated my service so I dont have a phone as of now. I first enjoyed the freedom of not having a phone (can make up all sorts of excuses to why you didnt contact your friends families) but Im starting to feel the absence of the phone when I could use it.

Ive had all sorts of phones. Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, ericsson...

as for how much I use my phone, I rarely call people. Im a bit of antisocial, but I get billed up the wazoo cause friends call me for the most stupidest things.
    :-p

Comment

they bill you for PEOPLE CALLING YOU?

something's rotten in America.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Any way to make a buck in America.

I have a cell phone cause my 25 yr old sister is always on the phone. When I have to give out my number, I just give my cell phone cause ppl can contact me easier.

I have a Nokia 3390 with an "S&M" leather case. If I can find a similar case for a new phone, I'll switch but I have yet to find one...
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Nokia 3390? not familiar with that model. could you post a pic, Franky?

oh, and yes, it's great. noone calls me on the regular phone these days. In Israel, the phone company slowly starts to make most of their bread in data carrying. ( ADSL )
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Aza - you're speaking boo boo.

No company makes money out of ADSL. Bezeq may get some marginal profit while the ISPs all lose major bucks.

But I too often use cell phones because it's nicer. You can always reacha person, and I know he's going to answer and not someone else in his house howm I don't want to bother.

Comment

i don't like to use my cell; indeed, the only reason i have it is so i can have virtually free long distance, what with mom paying the bill and all.

that, and she calls me on hers. some family plan with sprint pcs.

kinda different than most college students it seems-- oodles of them have 'em.

well:
              mine's an lg tp5250 and was the immediate precursor to the lg 5350 in sprint pcs's lineup.
              Last edited by Q Classic; May 2, 2003, 14:51.
              B♭3

Comment

so I am crapping out of my mouth. Big deal.

I am talking about bezeq. ISPs do lose money.

But the cell carriers aren't doing so hot either, it's the weak economy. Just orange is making a profit ( yep, I am their client. )
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                  they bill you for PEOPLE CALLING YOU?

something's rotten in America.
                  Rules apply the same way as if you called them. Minute is a minute, no matter how you spend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                    Nokia 3390? not familiar with that model. could you post a pic, Franky?

oh, and yes, it's great. noone calls me on the regular phone these days. In Israel, the phone company slowly starts to make most of their bread in data carrying. ( ADSL )
                    Ok, here it is...

That's the "S&M" leather case I have. If you turn it upside down, the part where you put your ear to, looks rather "compromising".

This is the color of my phone...
                    Attached Files
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

That's a sold phone, Q^3. but I don't like the ones that open up.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

that was my last phone too!

Comment

I've got a Nokia Trac Fone. No contract or monthly fees etc. I've got 240 minutes on it (though calls cost double in some remote regions), and when they're gone I just have to go and buy another card to recharge the phone. My leftover minutes expire in February 2004, though, at which point I'll need to spend another twenty-or-thirty-or-forty bucks to keep the phone activated for another year (and to put another couple hours of time on it). I keep it for roadside emergencies.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Oh, that one. I could get it, but I am having some sort of anti feelings against Nokia, lately.

"S&M" That's what you meant....

so, how much do they charge you for a minute, there?
                            For me, it's now ~13 cents a minute for all in-country destinations.
                            ( but the Country is the size of New Jersey or something, )
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

you mean with calling cards..

I might have to take that route. I really have to cut spendings on bills and living without a cell phone at al seems a bit harsh in this day in age.

Comment

Working...
                              X