Most important human feeling/emotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most important human feeling/emotion

Vote the most significant human emotion.
    Love
    28.00%
    Belief
    8.00%
    Hope
    22.00%
    Despair
    0.00%
    Anger
    6.00%
    Fear
    8.00%
    Hunger
    8.00%
    Laziness
    8.00%
    Envy
    0.00%
    Feeling banana between the lips.
    12.00%
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

I think belief is really the most significant human emotion, in the meaning that most other emotions come from it. Belief is the direct consequence of intelligence, and is one of the first thing that separates us from animals.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Where is the Choice:

"I am from Vulcan. Could you please explain to me, what this strange concept "Emotion" is?"

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Belief for feelings, but its not an emotion.

I think it would be hard to find an emotion that has had more far-reaching consequences as hate. Possibly a hate/fear combo has driven society's "progress"
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Love

Without love, we simply wouldn't have tribes/clans/society. As a result, we'd all be lion food.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

From Corinthians:

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
            But the greatest of these is love."
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Just for you, lovers:
              Love.com - Elevate wellness through love. Explore supplements, sustainable fashion, and more. Shop now and experience the love revolution!

Bitcoin is a bank in cyberspace, run by incorruptible software, offering a global, affordable, simple, & secure savings account...

Creative Direction / Design / Live Action / Original Content

Motivational posters don't work. But our legendary demotivational posters don't work even BETTER! Browse our famed Demotivators® line and see for yourself!

And the most important: www.banana.com
              money sqrt evil;
              My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Hunger and fear are common for animals too, so they are not specific human IMO. Can animals feel love, anger, envy or laziness? Not sure.

For humans I think love, hope (isn´t belief just a special form of hope?) and despair are most significant, although much of human behaviour seem to be driven by those other feelings too.
                Blah

Comment

What is the feeling when I listen to an achingly beautiful piece of music, and it moves me so much that it feels like I am literally being lifted out of myself?

That's one of them, that's all I know. Other than that...hope is among the most important. Without it, what is there to live for?

Sorrow is also incredibly important, as it makes us truly human, and without it, joy wouldn't be nearly as wonderful.

Ecstasy, Joy, Sorrow, and Hope. All of which seem to be components of Love...
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

hunger, as far as I know no one can love or hate without food!!

Comment

Hmm...

I would have voted love.

But then I wanted to live before I learnt to love, thus I chose hope.

But this is only what keeps me alive.

Wait.. Just thought about it. It's way interconnected.

Ok change it to love.

Comment

I checked hope because compassion was not an option. I would have checked love but I don't think most people know what the word means. A little pitter-patter in your heart is not the greatest emotion.

If someone has lost their compassion they have lost everything. All logic and emotion should enforce compassion for our fellow human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                          What is the feeling when I listen to an achingly beautiful piece of music, and it moves me so much that it feels like I am literally being lifted out of myself?
                          Good point, how can we describe it - admiration/illumination? But it seems to be more ambiguous and it includes IMO a kind of happyness,
                          Blah

Comment

I think it was Jimmy Hendrix (even though I don't like his style of music) who called music a spiritual thing. There is obviously more to music than meets the eye. Everyone from Satanists to Christians use music as a tool to invoke a spiritual presence.

Comment

Somehow, I guessed that love would win this one...

Comment

Working...
                              X