Exfoliating, moisturizer, and other gay stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exfoliating, moisturizer, and other gay stuff

So now that I'm out I need to look it. So I need to get better skin.

The problem is I, like most other guys in this world, don't have a clue how to do it.

Some people have told me a good place to start is to exfoliate the skin, or to unclog pores, using something like an Apricot Scrub. If you buy the cheap stuff, where you can actually see chunks of apricot, this is actually bad for your skin! So beware.

I'm also looking at moisturizers, and someone also mentioned something called "toner" which I have no clue what it is.

What else can/should I do?

Also, bar-soap is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD for the face!

So share your wisdom, stories, and other advice or simply point and laugh at those of us who want to have healthier skin.

Believe it or not, I posted this entire thread without lisping once or flapping my wrist!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Why don't you just act/appear how you want without worrying about what other people think?
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
      Why don't you just act/appear how you want without worrying about what other people think?
      I am, David.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Gotcha, your first sentence kinda threw me. Maybe I misunderstood

No offense intended
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think I'm going to ditch the electric razor for a Mach 3.

Anyone here use a Mach 3?

Comment

Try Cetaphil soap for the face.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
              Gotcha, your first sentence kinda threw me. Maybe I misunderstood

No offense intended
              Well, the problem is when you're in the closet and you're suddenly concerned about things like exfoliating and toner and moisturizer, you're concerned that people might think you're gay.

And when you're in the closet, this is a BadThingTM.

So now that I don't need to worry about it anymore, I can actually care about it.

Comment

If you get ingrowns stay with a single blade, the mach 3 will make them worse.

But if you never get ingrowns the Mach 3 is the best blade on the market.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Is there any real difference between shaving gels, or is the standard Gillette stuff fine?

I see some of them have vitamins and a bunch of stuff, but do they actually do anything?

Comment

I use Mach 3. Of course, before that I only used an electric shaver that made me look like I had shaved sometime last week, but I'm glad I actually picked a good one this time.

Not sure about washing your face though. You mean water by itself isn't enough?
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I like Dove bar soap, and so does Consumer Reports.

I've given up on shaving cremes and gels -- shave during a hot shower, it'll be fine.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

i use Mach 3 turbo. I swear by it. It's an amazing razor...expensive though. I also have an electric.

Btw: if you want better skin, try getting out into the sun more...ya hermit
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                          Btw: if you want better skin, try getting out into the sun more...ya hermit
                          Sun is actually bad for the skin.

Besides: Sun? What sun?

This is my deck a few days ago:

Comment

yea. shave during a shower. saves time too.

el mach tres esta muy fabuloso!
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Sun is actually bad for the skin.
                              Believe me, yours could use some

Besides: Sun? What sun?
                              oh yeah, i forget they don't have sun where you come from
                              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                              X