Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuberski
    Irregardless and inflammable.

Irregardless means the same as regardless.

Inflammable means the same as flammable.

ACK!
    These get me too.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I like using irregardless out of spite for anal retentive vocabular nazis
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I don't find f... offensive at all. I couldn't care less if congresspeople used it in their speeches.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Davis is a shmuck, last I heard his rating was around 23%, lowest in history.

That moron has got us in such financial debt, and while he is cutting funding to education and health care he is giving more to the prison system (the sheriffs suposidly gave him a lot of money for his last campeign). Down with Davis!

I also think person is offensive, but it should not be replaced human... Since this is Cali, it should be replaced with Dude, or Dudette.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
            I don't find any words offensive, BTW. They are just words. It's how they are used.
            My sentiments exactly, with the possible exception of racial slurs.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The word "person", which implies a sort of mask, a persona if you will, and not the real, honest being behind it. It should be replaced in all textbooks with Human being, so a Policeman, would become a Police Human Being., or a Human being who is a member of a Police force. See, far more acurate, and it helps the kids in thier english comprehension.

OTOH, we could be intelligent about it and replace it with something easy to say like "Policer". What's wrong with "Police Officer" again? That's what everyone uses in these parts.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

'Anal mucus'. I mean, that's just wrong.

"What did you have for dinner today? Anal mucus!"

"What's that on grandma's head? Anal mucus!"

"What is that dripping out of your anus? Anal mucus! Hahaha!"

THAT'S WRONG!

Anyway, could someone tell me WTF is offensive in the word "jungle"?
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I am offended by manhole... let's call it womanhole!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

yeah, but which one would we be referring to?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

How does inflammable mean the same as flammable?
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                        How does inflammable mean the same as flammable?
                        Flammable = can catch on fire.
                        Inflammable = can be inflamed.

Inflamed = on fire

Ergo Inflammable = Flammable

Yep, good ol' English.
                        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

"C***". sounds damn disrespectable.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar

Flammable = can catch on fire.
                            Inflammable = can be inflamed.

Inflamed = on fire

Ergo Inflammable = Flammable

Yep, good ol' English.
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                            X