No announcement yet.

Rave Anthems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I got you Azazel, Bartezz I have heard them. Infected was quite big in Tenerrife last year while I was there (stag week with 20 mates, though thats another story).

Comment

So, che, you got into techno like you said you would?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Anything by the Grid. Check out the "456" album, or their compilation "Music for Dancing". Crystal Clear was their definitive song.

And christ, if "Mr. Vain" could ever be considered "rave", then you have a seriously different definition of rave than I do. I would classify that as some of the cheesiest mainstream club trash ever made.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Kontiki, No, I don't consider that 'rave'. But as I said, I'd post popular stuff from early 90s to mid 90s . But I know, that was a bit off.. sorry about that.
          But if you really want to find good techno from early 90s, everything from Detroit is great.

What about Derrick May - Strings of Life? That's a nice one.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

How about Urban Cookie Collective - I Got The Key?
            Culture Beat - Mr Vain? Too pop?
            are we on track here at all?
            As Kontiki said
            some of the cheesiest mainstream club trash ever made
            Your bang on there Kontiki

What I am looking for is two fold (for Pekka)

a) old tunes ive forgotten about that I head in my early 20's, tures that were around in the late 80's early 90's thet would have been classed as Hardcore or Acid House. e.g. Anastasia, and some of the ones I quoted in my original post. My memories not what it used to be and I was never one for remembering names before I got into smarties with letters on.

- Oh Anastasia --- Daha Dah.. Dah . Dah ... Dah Dah... If you know what I mean, I remember walking accross the car park in a muddy field on my way to Perception at Long Marton Airfield in 1991 or so, you could here that booming out of the circus tent for miles away!!!

b) tunes that some of you remember and liked of a similar era........

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
              So, che, you got into techno like you said you would?
              I've been into it for years. I just don't know the names of anything. Actually, techno's to slow for me. I crave trance. I'm listening to it now . . . or at least trying, damn net congestion.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Barley: Ibiza... I've gotta go there some time. When I am around 25 I presume. .
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Azazel, Hey me too! Though not because of the music (not my type, but it's ok I can handle it), but the chicks, beach, weather and party atmosphere, random sex, booze, #"¤/=(, and.. just great fun! I'm trying to get my butt to Love Parade NEXT summer and also to DEMF (Detroit Eletronic Music Festival), which is made for me.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Yes, If you like DJ Shadow, you're more of a sort of Triphop kind of guy.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Get your ass to Ibiza then, id go just for the music, but take a chick with you.

Comment

Azazel, I love DJ Shadow, I like Trip hop very much. YOu're talking to guy who owns all(?) his releases( Look at me beating my chest..) ! BUT, my first love is detroit techno, and those guys are true legends for me. Besides I really like lots of different stuff, I'm big eletronic music consumer.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Azazel, and if you like that stuff, I recommend you to check out Ninja Tune record label..
                          In da butt.

Comment

I know all about that.

DJ Vadim.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yah, Ninja Tune has really great artists and they have sweet stuff coming out all the time ... That's of course if someone is into that kind of stuff.. I am anyway.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Ninja Tune is all very well buts its not really on topic (sorry guys)

Comment

Working...
                                X