Rave Anthems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laz,

I still have nightmares about the Robert Miles track, around the time it was out, I used to share a house with a mate and we'd go clubbing every weekend. We'd get in 5/6 O'Clock in the morning, have a smoke and go to bed (seperatley, I hasten to add!) and he'd put that that track on repeat at full blast ALL morning until it was time to go to the pub!

BTW I checked your profile and it's easy to SAY youre never too old for clubbing when youre 19;O) The last time I went was Creams birthday in October, I went to a party afterwards and then straight to the pub on Sunday and got to bed early hours monday morning, I did'nt manage to get into work until thursday, in the 'old days' that wouldn't have happened. I'm a totally 'shot' (ex)clubber!

Comment

Those replies confused the hell out me until I worked out they aimed at someone else.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Josh Winks Higher State Of Consciousness is really good still.

LA Style had some old hits like I'm Raving, but I'm not sure if that goes to your category of Rave Anthems.
        I'll have to look at my old tapes and check out, I have lots of them from 89-92.. yes.. I started when I was 9 years old .
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Maybe stuff like old Members Of Mayday?

I have one of the greatest in my head now, I just have to remember what the name was. It was huge in early 90s..
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Ah now I got it.. OT Quartet - Hold That Sucker Down
            .. I recommend Builds Like s Skyscraper Mix. You should find it from Kazaa.

Also there's bunch of gems in old Snap albums.
            In da butt.

Comment

Your stuff is not that old.. ... so as we will never come to compromise what is rave music, we'll settle with what was quite popular in 'rave scene' in UK around early 90s to mid 90s?
              In da butt.

Comment

Then how about Prodigys Experience album? At least they were in the scene in early 90s in UK pretty much.
                In da butt.

Comment

How about Age of Love - Age of Love? Or is it too 'trance'? It's hugely popular still in the early trance digging circles, so I don't know, maybe it could fit you too?
                  In da butt.

Comment

some REALLY early stufff

Sterling Void - 'it's alright', 'Oblivion?'
                    Fast Eddie and Tyree- not rave but their stuffused to get played a lot in clubs

and can anyone remember who did "brutal with the melody'?

Comment

Hey, how about U96? They were popular then..
                      Check out LA Style - James Brown Is Dead (Wide Away Remix).. I'm not sure if you like these (I'm not a big fan), it would give us a great help so we know what stuff you like and we can move from there on.
                      What about Prodigy - Wind It Up ?

I have all Prodigys singles, so if you're interested, PM me and I'll hook you up.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Also what about DJ Hooligan? He was pretty popular too..
                        Also, check out Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade.

I won't post anymore, you need to give us more guiding so we can build on that.
                        In da butt.

Comment

How about Urban Cookie Collective - I Got The Key?
                          What about Members Of Mayday - Mayday?
                          Culture Beat - Mr Vain? Too pop?
                          are we on track here at all? U96 Das Boot album was huge at the time it was released.
                          Last edited by Pekka; May 1, 2003, 13:17.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Well done Pekka, yes could of put em all in one post

Laz, yea get what you say about time to burn, funny ive just love it, been listening to a remix Oaky did on an Ibiza CD I got.

I go in phases actually sometimes into a bit of more soft euphoric house and drifted away from the hardcore/hard house over the last few years (see I am getting old).

Talking of old clubbers there is a couple that still do the Birmingham scene, both must be in their 60's/70's she's got pure white long hair, he has a big bald spot - anyone seen them?

Only ever went to Shelly's once, did the Eclipse about 4 times, the one thing I remeber was the dance floor used to bounce up and down about 3 inches (always thought the place would collapse).

Im not regular any more but like a blow out every few months, next outing will probably be Summer Sound System. Best Night ever was Manumission a few years ago, if youve not been there youve just got to do it (though youll need a couple of hundred quid for the night, its worth every penny).

Still looking for tunes, ill post a few more at the weekend.

Playing with nives (think its a bit cheesy when I hear it now but used to lift the roof of the clubs when it came out).

One thing about the old tunes, they were pretty basic (like old games in a way), they didnt have the production / studio mixing like now, though guess the whole desk top pc mixing thing has given everyone access to supersounds.

Comment

if you still go clubbing, you probably heard those Barthezz tracks I mentioned in my thread. What do you think, Barley?
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I Sit on Acid (remix) by the Lords of Acid

Welcome to Paradise and Headhunter [Version 3.0] by Front 242
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X