French and Russian Collaborations with Saddam Hussein Begin to Surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ned :
    I cannot understand why they'd do this. France had nothing to win anymore by protecting Saddam, so I wonder what motivates such a dumb move
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• gunkulator, USSR occupation of Eastern Europe was just as much about spreading communism as it was about Soviet security. The USSR would have installed pro-Soviet communist governments even if the US pulled completely out of Europe.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Spiffor, Saddam stole 1 billion just before the war started.

Now think.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Well, it's the Washington Times, isn't it. As far as I learned, the New York Times and the Washington Post are respectable papers, while the Washington Times and the New York Post are yellow press.

Comment

• Poland proposed to allow German troops to serve under its command in Iraq.

Rumsfeld said, "No!" No to German troops. No to French troops.

(However, the Danes are sending troops to serve under Polish command. My how the status of the Poles has risen!)

The Washington Times delivers breaking news and commentary on the issues that affect the future of our nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
              Spiffor, Saddam stole 1 billion just before the war started.

Now think.
              Sure, let me think ...

Yeeeeees! Chirac came over in Syria and give a full box of french passports to his friend Saddam, and came back with the two trucks carrying the billion dollars ! When it will be known, Chirac can expect to be reelected by more that the 82% he got last year.
              Statistical anomaly.
              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

• Davout, we really got to love the French, don't we. They love backstabbing their allies. They love corruption in their leaders. Wow, what a people.

Davout, doesn't France stand for anything resembling virtue?

Comment

• Davout :
                  do French embassies have the possibilities of creating passports themselves, or are all passports printed in Paris ? If a French embassy can print passports itself, it is not impossible that some high-ranked person there has been bribed. I doubt it, but it is not to completely rule out
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Davout, we really got to love the French, don't we. They love backstabbing their allies. They love corruption in their leaders. Wow, what a people.

We prefer crooks over facists

Comment

Davout, we really got to love the French, don't we. They love backstabbing their allies. They love corruption in their leaders. Wow, what a people.

Since you cannot raise the credulity to this world championship level, I assume that you are just trying (and succeeding : ) at being outrageous.

The article contains mainly denials or extremely cautious comments from all officials interviewed, but you jump happily to the conclusion that this newspaper report is so obviously true that no evidence is required. I cant help you.

You could also ask yourself how a country under strict embargo can stockpile such big amounts of US currency without drawing attention.
                      Statistical anomaly.
                      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAVOUT
                        You could also ask yourself how a country under strict embargo can stockpile such big amounts of US currency without drawing attention.
                        Obviously, Chirac bribed Saddam in billions of dollars. After all, these dollars are now just getting to their back rightful owner

Comment

• Ned, have you been diagnosed with an inferiority complex?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
                            Especially since the victor always defines "good"
                            ohh...those poor Nazis. WAAAAAH. I'm glad we had Nuremburg and put bullets in their heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by GP

ohh...those poor Nazis. WAAAAAH. I'm glad we had Nuremburg and put bullets in their heads.
                              they hung... but I agree
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

GP, et al., the only thing the Germans should be grateful for is that we got rid of Hitler, allowed them to form a democracy and helped them reconstruct their country after WWII.

They have reason to be ungrateful for the continued occupation of Germany by Britain, the US and by the USSR for so long. But their ire should primarily be directed at the USSR. It was the USSR who tried to cut off Berlin and who caused the erection of wall dividing free Germany from enslaved Germany.

But the USSR now is gone. We should leave as well.
                                There's still a little bit of angst over the fact that we asswhipped them. So they retreat into pacifism.

Comment

Working...
                                X