No announcement yet.

Your latest CD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Edgar Winter was Johnny Winter's brother.. Johnny stopped playing in 93 or 94. Skin cancer from what I heard.. but one hell of a guitarist.

Yeah I am trying to diversify my music tastes...
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I think Edgar Winter was Johnny Winter's brother..

He still is

About diversifying music tastes: these last ten years I discovered Country, Sinatra and music from the 1930/1940's
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Fez I wonder if you can help me out.. I'm looking for Spanish guitar music. I'm not sure about the genre/style or what it's called, but perhaps you can help me out and sort those styles, I bet I can pick one if I get a list of different styles (not too detailed, just main genres).. ?
        It can have only guitar, but at least it has to be dominating instrument.. they play those nice spanish melodies with guitars, I really need to get some. It can have spanish singing, female voice is preferred. Plain guitar will also do just fine. Only thing I can tell you that it's not flamenco. Also it shouldn't be too underground name, so that I can actually find it somewhere (internet shops are ok too)... can you recommend any? If you have questions to make it easier, just ask them..
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I meant to say "is". LOL... english is my second language..

I have become more listened to music from my own country Spain... as you can see from my recent purchases... I also grown a taste for Ray Charles and 1930/40s era Jazz and Blues...
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Pekka, do a search on Baden Powell (not the man that invented Scouting and the Concentration Camp ). He's a Brazilian guitarist.
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

I'm looking for Spanish guitar music.
              Paco De Lucia

Look him up and you will be all set. I don't know any female artists though... just started listening to more of my country's music...

Comment

Hueij and Fez, thanks! I'll look these up and listen some, maybe I'll buy if I'm interested. And if it's what I'm looking for, I'm definitely buying it and coming back for more. That kind of music is all over Spain, so I might get lucky with these. Yeah, guitar with female singing would be perfect. With good melodies.. perfecto.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I don't buy CDs anymore. I haven't purchased a single CD since 1996.

Comment

Oh yes! Paco De Lucia works. Now if I can get something like this with female vocals.. .

I'm still downloading Baden Powell, so soon I'll find that one out. Don't worry though, I will definitely go and buy these.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Bach: Violin Sonatas and Partitias
                      eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Paco De Lucia in my opinion is the best Spanish Guitarist...

Comment

Yes, he seems to be skilled from what I'm hearing. I'm looking for some of those nice Spanish melodies, quite traditional ones.. and this is right on the button.
                          In da butt.

Comment

theres a Journey/Styx/Reo Speedwagon combination album out now that i just bought....very nice
                            I just don't know anymore.

Comment

HUeij, Baden Powell works too! Now I have lots of new albums to get.. Berimbau kicks butts.. this has male singers.. but this is very good. Gives me the chills. I'll survive with these two new artists , Thanks a lot guys.
                              In da butt.

Comment

got Mobb Deep's Murda Mixtape legit and bought bootleg of 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Trying recently

thanks
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X