Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some very mature handling of very difficult situations ..
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

The first post has been completely updated, including some of the debate in the map thread.

It seems like there's some concensus emerging on some of the key points, but I think we should give it another couple days, so that everyone has a chance to have their say. We should put it to a vote sooner or later, though.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I would like to propose a vacation mode for the apolytonforum as well. The you snoose you loose theory is nice but i like a break sometimes. And where i'm going internet is not quite as available as on the university or at home.

Furthermore i would like to point out that i like the idea of a sort of moderater. Someone or a few people that see to the rules and who can make offical polls about new changes. This would increase the stability of our rollplay i think.

"There is no life without compassion"

Comment

yes, people must be able t ohave real lives...

a thread for vacation time would be good ...

Comment

Re: OOC: The Rules

Originally posted by joncha
            1. Roleplaying
            Collective decision making for all region issues (ie, voting on game mechanics, region size, etc.)"

2. Nations and Members
            A maximum of 3 nations per person. (see limitations under section 3).

3. The Map and Nation placement
            1 spot per 500M people, to a maximum of 3. This includes expansion and secondary nations.
            The size of the locations should be made more uniform.
            You snooze, you lose. Next time, log on to Nationstates once a month.
            I like these ideas.
            ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
            "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
            Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

3 nations per person

each nation allowed max 3 spots, 1 per 500M

Flinx's "Snoose you lose"
              (If you're going away on holiday then say and the spot can be reserved for awhile)

non-god roleplayer
              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Updated again, with an attempt made at summarizing what we agree and disagree on.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                  some very mature handling of very difficult situations ..
                  OOC: Yes, you're absolutely right! My diplomatic skills triumphed again!
                  Hello, you've reached Majestic-12 Headquarters.
                  We are away, or unwilling to answer the phone at the moment, so please hold while we trace your call.
                  Thanks for calling!

Comment

Originally posted by Twilemen
                    That way, for role-playing purposes, a nation can "conquer" the territory for a temporary amount of time.
                    Another €0.02...

If a nation was conquored in an RP- then the map should retain that nation's details and colours.
                    If an empty spot was RPed as taken over in a military fashion (i.e. not for the expansion of population) it should remain just that- as an RP- constant colouring and recolouring of the map would get confusing.
                    This can be represented as the greater community not recognising a nation's claim to an area as they've entered it in a warlike fashion (perhaps?)

*Obviously this wouldn't affect the rule on normal (500M+) secondary nations which would obviously be claimed as long-term (owners would hope for permanant) territories.
                    -Sir T

Comment

awww you sherking your work load now

but seriously it doenst matter about the map colouring as you say, just palce the conquerers flag over the country till he leaves.

Comment

Good idea, Ras.

Comment

regarding the problem of having ridiculously large populations in small land areas : Can't we make the map scale larger? e.g. countries aren't the size of Egypt or Venezuela, but rather the size of China or Russia. This is clearly an earth-like planet--But no reason why it can't be larger than earth.
                          Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

First post updated again.

I'd like to suggest that we move forward on some of these rules, so...

Can everyone go over the "Points of Agreement/Points of Contention" section at the bottom of the first post in the thread?

If there are no objections to the Points of Agreement, I suggest that we adopt them. If anyone has an objection, please post it here in the next 48 hours or so (the time-frame is arbitrary, but I think it fits), and I'll move that issue to the Points of Contention list.

As for the Points of Contention, look them over and suggest any other alternatives (or other issues that might be contentious) in the next 48 hours, so we can vote on them next week.

Hopefully, this will mean that we'll have some official, agreed-upon groundrules by next weekend, so we can put more of our energy back into the roleplaying.

Comment

Re: OOC: The Rules

1. "vacation mode" vs. "you snooze, you lose" (or, can you reclaim a lost spot?)
                              I am tending toward "vacation mode," but with a time limit - real world time limit, that is. Maybe 3 monthes. I see no real reason why a new nation has any real legitimate reason on selecting an area where there's an existing nation, given the number of empty areas on the map now.

2. Size of nations.
                              Are you saying the size of each area or something else?

3. whether further expansion (beyond the limit) can be possible through roleplay (and whether that expansion should be temporary or not)
                              I'd say temporary if this is going to happen.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Re: OOC: The Rules

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Are you saying the size of each area or something else?
                                Sorry, UR. I meant area, I'll clarify that in the first post. I guess out of the context of a discussion on the official map, it's a little vague.

Comment

Working...
                                X