Humanitas (A New Civilization Game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeoModder
    Besides, the screenshots look like they're zoomed in. I don't suppose this is the normal size the player is shown ingame?

This is the normal view (bad quality coz of JPG), but you can zoom in and out.
    be free

Comment

Sn00py, first off the best of luck to you.

However, I'm not sure I see the point of what you have done. You say you want to keep the game secret but are testing the waters with this thread. However all we have are a couple of screenshots...........we all know Civ isn't about pretty screenshots, it's about gameplay. You've told us (either interntionally or unintentionally) nothing about that side, so we can't really help with your questions.

Is this just a heads up a game will be coming at some point thread?

Comment

No, this is to find out if the Graphics are ok.

The gameplay we are keeping secret.

When we are about 90% complete, maybe then we will release game info and a website.

We don't want to do the old "I am building a game, watch how we progress".
        be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
          No, this is to find out if the Graphics are ok.

The gameplay we are keeping secret.

When we are about 90% complete, maybe then we will release game info and a website.

We don't want to do the old "I am building a game, watch how we progress".
          Ok, then I'd edit
          Originally posted by Sn00py Judging from the look, do you think the gameplay might very well turn out to be good?
          from the first post - how can we make any conclusion on gameplay with no info and a couple of screenshots?

Of course, the graphics wont make or break the game (they look fine btw, and you are a better judge on graphics than most if not all in this thread anyway), so this is in effect more of a heads up thread.

Good luck with it all.

Comment

The game defently looks great (of what we've seen so far)

I understand why you don't want to post any other info about the game, but I'll post a question in hope you'll make an exception

What time is the game ment to be played? Is it standard Civ (4000 BC to 2050 AD) or something else?
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Corrected.
              I prefer his realistic-but-pretty look to Civ4's cartoony look, even though I do like the Civ4 graphics.

This is the guy whose graphics basically supplanted the standard game graphics for civ3. Sn00py's terrain became the standard set, more or less.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I know, I use them. However, I still like cIV's better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar

I prefer his realistic-but-pretty look to Civ4's cartoony look, even though I do like the Civ4 graphics.
                  Jaguar
                  The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

this sounds great

Good work Sn00py and ya friend
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                      What time is the game ment to be played? Is it standard Civ (4000 BC to 2050 AD) or something else?

Something like that.

But seriously, I can't give out that information. Try asking another one. Maybe I can answer it.
                      be free

Comment

Here's another, what do (will) the units graphics look like?
                        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

And city grapihics?
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

be free

Comment

Comment

that's pretty cool, if the two of you are that talented to make a game like this.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X