Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
    Oh, that isn't very high.
    1024x768 is a perfectly decent resolution for a tbs type game i think. Look at the graphics, they are excellent for sure
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Hi res or not, they are quite evocative.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Yes, 1024x768 is quite adequate of a resolution. Anything higher wouldn't run comfortably on a lot of systems, and Sn00py and friend don't exactly have a team of designers working for them to develop multiple resolutions of graphics
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The graphics part is off to a good start. But you the know the saying about "pudding" and "eating".

Are those hex tiles btw?
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

/me waits for all the people from all the aborted Civ-like game projects to show up to whine and feel sorry and wonder where you two geniuses were when "their project" went belly up
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

beautiful, but I would expect nothing less from Sn00py

Comment

Looks great, Sn00py. Can't say anything much about gameplay though.
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

The screenshots give a good sense of the scale you are imagining for the game... I get good vibes from it.

When you say you've created 5000 images for the game, are you talking sprites, or does the game work on pre-rendered images ( I'm thinking of something along the lines of King of Dragon Pass) which would be really cool, too.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                    Looks a LOT better than either Civ3 or Civ4.
                    Corrected.

Comment

Thats great! Its seems to draw you in as you scan the area. Very nice.

Comment

Very immersive, and you say this was just the two of you working 2 years on this?
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Is your game available somewhere? You could as well post on the Alt civs forum, not that it's very busy, but this would belong there. Just graphics don't mean much to me.
                          Clash of Civilization team member
                          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Ben: It has taken us 2 years to create 3 versions of Hum. This version you are looking at above took about 1-2 months. (It's the 3rd Attempt).

LDiCesare: It is not available anywhere, the game is staying secret; I know I released some screenshots, but that was to make sure we were doing something people can like.

We have that feedback now (also from CivFanatics), so we are both now going full speed with finishing the game.
                            Last edited by FrostyBoy; May 22, 2005, 05:29.
                            be free

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                              When you say you've created 5000 images for the game, are you talking sprites, or does the game work on pre-rendered images ( I'm thinking of something along the lines of King of Dragon Pass) which would be really cool, too.

5000 for all 3 versions of the Humanitas. The final one we have now has about 400 images. (But this will increase to about 600 I think) They are in editable format.
                              be free

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
                                Are those hex tiles btw?
                                We thought about Hex, but we decided not to go down that road, however, there is still a chance we might change it - though I doubt it, because then i'd have to re-do all the terrain.
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X