This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Tournament!

The single player CtP2 Tournaments are doing quite well and a CtP1-MP World Cup is underway, maybe it's time to have an official Apolyton Multiplayer Tournament as well? I haven't discussed this with the owners of the site yet, I figured I'd first found out if there would be any interest in this from the CtP2 MP community...

So, would you be interested in participating in such a tournament? What kind of rules would have to be enforced? Is such a tournament feasible at all? Please post here to discuss these issues...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

At least you don't have to worry about rush-buy switching in CTP2, you just have an infinite builds cheat instead... Easy come, easy go .

Comment

Well, we could use the same system as the CtP1 World Cup: all savegames are kept and the loser has the right to inspect the files and ask for moderation if he suspects cheating...

Comment

It doesnt seem that much of a problem to me, if the save games are inspected on the losers request (or by the loser), it would be ok.
        Id put my name down, no probs.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I'd totally make sure I could play in this one (this time it is a promise). How does the California server sound to you all?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

We'd have to swap saves just to make sure no one was cheating but I think I could figure it out even without the save. It's pretty easy if you know what to look for...

Comment

Well, it's good to know there's at least some interest in this, but unfortunately 2 participants doesn't make much of a tournament. I posted a notice in the CtP1 forums as well, maybe some people will respond to that, and it wouldn't hurt if you guys informed your MP buddies of this thread as well. For the moment I'll wait a bit more to see how things develop, but if this has potential and only needs more participants in order to succeed, I'll post a news item about it and email everyone in the MP Registry.

So, how do you guys think what the setup of the tournament should be?

- Random map or pre-made map?
              - Default games or mod? What mod?
              - 1-on-1 or 3 or 4 people per match?
              - Piracy, Pillaging, Wonders, Nukes: allowed or not?
              - What difficulty/barbarian level? Pollution on or not?
              - Accelerated start or not?
              - What mapsize? How many AI players (if any)?
              - ... what else?

Any other bugs/problems (other than the infamous one) that I should know about?

Comment

- Random map or pre-made map?

Random map, you gets what your given. Good players find good locations.

- Default games or mod? What mod?

Right now id say the original game because everyones versed in it, WAW would be a good second choice.

- 1-on-1 or 3 or 4 people per match?

1 v 1 for me, doesnt always mean quicker but its more intense.

- Piracy, Pillaging, Wonders, Nukes: allowed or not?

I dont mind, maybe not nukes. The games sometimes dont advance that far anyway.

- What difficulty/barbarian level? Pollution on or not?

I think impossible for sure, and either marauders or no barbs at all (ruins only). Barbs do have a random unbalancing effect but they do keep the game exciting until you meet another human player. Pollution on.

- Accelerated start or not?

In terms of starting age i prefer Ancient, more settlers and gold to start. Say 3/4 settlers on small map and 5/6 on regular

- What mapsize? How many AI players (if any)?

Small map 1 v 1, regular if 1/2 more AI/human civs are added.

also Speed Turns, if its just 1v1 it doesnt matter so much but with 4 humans it can drag on.
                ...just my preferences, if more people are interested anyway.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Thanks a lot of your feedback, Maq. Of course, it doesn't help much if you're the only one responding. But I'm writing a post for Markos & Dan now. Once they give the green light (and I don't see why they wouldn't), I'll try to launch a PR campaign to see if we can get more players...

Comment

I vote for default game, v1.11, and random map with each player allowed one call for a restart. Max wet, mostly contents, high diversity, and the rest at default. Wonders seem to be very unbalancing to the game so most MP games out law wonders but allow everything else.

Hopefully there will be no premade teams and we can start with 3-4 settlers since that speeds the game up and adds to most peoples' enjoyment. As For map size I say regular map with eight players. Any larger and it becomes combersum to march armies across.

Comment

Sounds good Locutus keep up the good work
                      Theres seems like quite abit of interest in the GOTM so i hope some of those same players want to take part in this too.

Comment

Well, good news: not only did Markos approve of this idea: everyone who signs up for the tournament gets a discount for the Apolyton Store (assuming the tourny is actually on, of course - iow when there are enough players)

Oerdin and Maquiladora, I'll consider you guys signed up. J Bytheway, from your post I can't interpret whether or not you would be interested in particating, so if you are, please let me know...

I'll make a start with the PR campaign tonight...

Comment

I am not - with the crumby (crummy?) connection I have here in SA online play is a no-no. I am, in any case, not a sufficiently experienced player to warrant entry. I've only played about 200 turns of CTP2 ever - I'm just a meta-modder here.

Comment

SA?
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

South Africa.

Comment

Working...
                              X