Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey i will help out with anything needed. i might go play a game soon make sure i can still own the AI oh btw as u prob noticed i dont hang out at apolyton often so if you could do us a favor and once all the tornament stuff is sorted email me. also if u need anything email me. Im gonna leave all my info here so u can contact me for anything.
    Email: tripa@newskaven.com
    MSN: tripa_skaven@hotmail.com
    I will give u my forums adress as well as that is the mostly checked of all my contacts.
    {\S/}Tripa{\S/}
    http://www.newskaven.com

Comment

I'd be interested in playing. The best chance I would have to participate would probably be on the weekends though and then only if the wife and kid let me!

Since it's been a while since I have played I'd probably go for default game no mods. But I am willing to try anything!
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

i also havn't played the game in a while so don't make it impossible please??
        if you haven't tried something you'll never know what you've missed!!!

Comment

OK count me, wildbore in, ill be representing the guardians clan, hopefully not alone cause ill lose.

1) i vote random map
          2) defualt patch
          3) 3-4 players cause i lose 1 vs 1 easily
          4) no nukes and no wonders
          5) Difficulty - impossible, barbs - lowest, pollution - on
          6) doesen't matter
          7) regular map
          8) no restarts
          9) A poll is needed to decide this option fairly
          10) 15 second speed cities
          11) doesen't matter to me

Those are the prefences i prefer, hope they help. :P
          "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." — John Stuart Mill

Comment

Child of Thor,
            Too bad you can't play
            But thanks for your wisdom on the settings of the touurney...

Solver,
            I talked to you on ICQ...

Tripa,
            Sounds good Don't worry, I already had your forum address and posted there

dregman,
            I think you'll find human opponents to be far stronger than AIs, so I wouldn't be worrying about the AI if I were you Besides, unmodded CtP2's AI is a sissy

Dietrich, Wildbore, fantastic Great to have you both with us. And don't worry, Napoleon told me on ICQ he would probably also play and some other Guardians might as well, so you're not the only one

This brings the total # of player to 11:
            1. Maquiladora
            2. Oerdin
            3. Immortal Wombat
            4. Turambar
            5. dregman
            6. Wittlich
            7. Blink Jim
            8. Tripa
            9. Haupt. Dietrich
            10. WIldbore
            11. Napoleon

About the rules:
            1) I think we pretty much have a concensus here: random map (unless I get strong protest).
            2) Consensus here too: patched, unmodded game.
            3) 3-4 players in the first round for sure. Later on probably 1-vs-1, but we'll see if others have something to say about this, could still be changed.
            4) Hmm, people are not unaminmous here but the tendency seems to be no nukes, no wonders, everything else allowed (we could simply tell people not to pillage terrain that doesn't belong to anyone, unmodded is unmodded). But please do respond if you don't agree with this...
            5) Obviously difficulty level should be impossible, aside from dregman I'm fairly certain all would agree on this (let me know if I'm wrong though). Pollution should be on, but I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on Barbarians before making a decision here.
            6) There will be 4 settlers, unless people object. How much extra gold and PW should be given? 10,000 Gold and 1000 PW? I have no idea what people generally tend to do, so please let me know what you'd like/usually do...
            7) Regular map it is. As for the number of AIs, I tend to bring the total number of players for the first round at 8 (so if there are 3 humans, 5 AIs). The second round, assuming it will be 1-vs-1 I don't know, what do people think? Also 8? Or maybe 5 or 6 (including humans)?
            8) There's no concession on restarts, I'd like to hear more people's thoughts on this...
            9) This remains open for now, please post your opinions...
            10) Again, still open, please post your opinion...
            11) I'm tending towards 3-4 players for the first round, where only the winner goes through. 1-vs-1 for the semi-finals and finals (I don't expect there to be quarter finals, that requires a LOT of people ).

Feedback more than welcome!
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

hmmm...

I wouldn't mind Playing but I am limited on time as I work a lot (I also suck as far as playing the game goes but I could make it interesting for some )

As far as prefs go I am down for whatever

Give me an Idea on times and what not.

P.S. If you wouldn't have posted something on Gamecatcher I prolly would have thought twice about it and just said no but I took this as almost a personal invite
              GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

15 second speed cities sounds too short, it could get really tight for time later on. IMO it should be turned off completely, not because im a slow player (although it has been said ) but there might be a few people new to MP and that speed of playing. Not that they can go as slow as normal but theres no need to rush someone into a bad move.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Maybe there should be two initial groups divided on experience(or preference). For those who have played alot of MP then setup a faster moving game(speed cities/speed turns on low settings). For those who maybe haven't played MP before or prefer a more relaxed pace(or don't have to worry too much about the cost!), then set lower speed settings. This way you would give more people a chance to enjoy the experience and not just be blasted of the map by aggresive MPers?
                  'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

This sounds like fun! Please sign me up and I will do my best to show up when the games begin. I assume that anyone who doesn’t show up for a game after the game times are setup and agreed to by the players earns a “loss” for that game?

My thoughts on the rules:
                    1) Random and extremely diverse maps so each player gets the most similar starting conditions.
                    3) I would like to see something (like “losers brackets”) where everyone who wants to can continue to play after losing so (at least some of us) can gain more MP experience. You could end up with a tournament winner and a more-accurate ranking of the other players if everyone plays 1 vs. 1, although we probably won’t get to all players playing each other during a single tournament.
                    4) I guess no nukes and wonders makes sense, but I’ll miss the wonders! I vote for using Martin’s APOL_slics.slc file just to eliminate the game crash from AIs trying pillage on a neutral tile. I assume that us humans will be able to refrain from attempting to pillage on a neutral tile, but I attempted to do just that to an ex-Mayan (because I had already defeated the Mayans ) fortress in my last game. Fortunately, nothing happened but I probably would have crashed the game without Martin’s file! I think that everyone here is quite capable of installing the file.
                    5) I vote for max Barbarians!
                    6) 4 settlers sounds good – it’s more than I ever gotten at the start of my SP games! I say that gold and PW should be the same – 10,000 each should allow everyone to get off to a very quick start.
                    7) I think regular maps will be crowded with 8 civs, how about 6 civs for all games? That would give 4 AIs for each of the 1 vs. 1 games and (of course) fewer AIs for the 3 (or 4) human-player games.
                    8) I say no restarts! But I have played exactly 0 complete MP games…. However, I think that 4 settlers on a max diverse map should give everyone a fairly equal starting chance. Especially with a 10K gold/PW start. Having said that, I will end up on swamp island for all my games now!

Comment

I like the idea of different groups according to experience.
                      but if there aren't enough people, then so be it!
                      but still if it is possible then it would be great

Comment

um...I can't ever seem to even get online to play. I don't know if there is a patch somewhere or something that I have missed. I have a dial-up, and I connect, load ctp2, and press multiplayer, and no servers ever show! any ideas?

Comment

The rules sounds good to me. The only concern I would have is if the time limit per player was less than 45 seconds. I'm still not that efficient at issuing all my commands in MP.
                          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

yo flatlander I think you still have the old server.dat file.
                            ask someone to tell you where you can download it, because I can't remember where I got it from.

Comment

You can get sever.dat from the FAQ thread (topped).

Comment

I would like to sign up for the mp game. Let me know.
                                email me at alsontu@yahoo.com for any questions or comments because I dont check the forums everyday.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X