No announcement yet.

Wonderful Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D'oh, Pedrunn! If I had been able to follow this discussion more closely I could have told you ages ago how the CreateUnit event works. You don't really need the unit variable, it has no real value there (although it couldn't have hurt, I agree)! You should use the integers to find out if the unit is a Settler or similar, as I did in the old version of the Militia code:

Code:
    // if a settler type unit is built, update # of Militia units if needed
    HandleEvent(CreateUnit) 'MM2_MilitiaSettlerBuilt' post {			// triggers if a unit is created
    city_t	tmpCity;
    int_t	tmpValue;
    	tmpValue = value[0];
    	tmpCity = city[0];

if (CityIsValid(tmpCity)) {						// and it was created from a city (no valid city means unit was created from ruin FE)
    		if (tmpValue == UnitDB(UNIT_SETTLER) || tmpValue == UnitDB(UNIT_URBAN_PLANNER) || tmpValue == UnitDB(UNIT_SEA_ENGINEER)) {	// and if unit is settler unit
    			if (tmpCity.population > 0) {				// and the city still exists (again not sure if needed)
    				MM2_TryMilitia(tmpCity.population, tmpCity);	// update Militias if needed
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

and

This event was pursuing me since the beggining of the coding.
      I am relief that the code is until futher testing bug free but i feel bad that i lost so much time in this event. When i should have tested the int_t variables in the first place.
      Anyway, thanks Locutus. I feel much better now
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Silly BlueO
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
          and the city still exists (again not sure if needed)
          It is always better to check if the units, armies, cities are still valid, just in case. Unfortunazly I can't ckeck if a location is valid. I know if you play with DebugSlic=No then it is no problem. But if you try to make the scripts DebugSlic=Yes compartible then you have to do it.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

The work of finding a workable number is so frustating. I have gone over all the numbers from 600 to 700. and most of the numbers caused game crashs . i think i re-launched my ctp2 about fifty times. You did suffered in silence when looking for the numbers, didnt you?

But i have finished the apolyton tile file.
            I have done several changes in it. but the wonders numbers remains the same. I added the wonders you sent me on the numbers 471, 472, 481, 482, 483, 484 and 485. The Cities are in the working numbers from 600 to 700. I added all the wonders i made wich i sent you by e-mail except the st Pters Piazza because of the low quality of the graphic. And some changes in the cities were made.
            To finalize the work and subimit the til I have a couple of questions:
            1) We all agree that it has to go to the modification/graphics section?
            2) Do you went through all nunbers from 300 to 499?
            3) Did you went through anothers numbers?
            4) I remember you dicussing with Locutus the best Madurai temple graphic. I wanna know if the picture i have is the winner. if not can you show me wich one is (please attached as png)?

I guess thats all.
            Attached Files
            -Jean Rostand

Comment

You did suffered in silence when looking for the numbers, didnt you?
              Yup. But I told you, blocks of 8, they work. Thats why I sent you 7, I thought you could find an unused block. Thankyou

1) yes
              2) pretty much. That's where I put all the wonders.
              3) I did much the same from 400 -> 600 I think. Quite a few of them work. That's where I put the cities in the tile file that comes with the visible wonders download.
              4) Do you have a blue one or a red one?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Here y'are. Should have this one.
                Attached Files

Comment

Another question: to finalize the read me.

What are the actual name of tne wonders you sent me by e-mail (I could only figure out 3 : ) and what are their source?

EDIT: I forgot to tell that the cathedral had the same number as the oracle. So i moved the cathedral to number 456
                  Last edited by Pedrunn; August 22, 2002, 16:53.
                  -Jean Rostand

Comment

---> email

Comment

What happens when i subimit (add a link) a file to the database?
                      It goes direct to the database. Or do i have to wait so that the files gets checked by someone first?
                      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrunn
                        What happens when i subimit (add a link) a file to the database?
                        It goes direct to the database. Or do i have to wait so that the files gets checked by someone first?
                        The links are first checked by someone first. As I added GoodMod I got first an email that my link was recived from Dan's email account. And I think two hours later an link added email. I don't know if Dan wrote these emails himself or if it was an automated email the content was very brief. Of course it is good to have a home page that allows hot linking. That makes the adding process much easier as you don't have to send an email to Locutus.

-Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I think its an automated response, but it does get approved first. Usually quite quickly if you submit European evening time. Mine was done in 20 minutes I think.

Comment

who checks the files?
                            Last edited by Pedrunn; August 24, 2002, 00:16.
                            -Jean Rostand

Comment

Me. But I'm still very busy, a 20 minute response time is not gonna work now But your file will be approved today, assuming there are no problems with it

Comment

Pedrunn,
                                Oops, seems like there *is* a problem with your file. Sort out the mess with IW first (He said he PM'ed you), then I'll approve it

Comment

Working...
                                X