Wonderful Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the link worked?
    I sent you a PM with a new link to the new file?

How is that going?
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

*BUMP*

Sooooo.....the last entry was a while ago and the thread got abit mixed with all the expansion code stuff( ), but what i want to know is is the Visable Wonder code cool to go, can i try it succesfully now,is it ready and complete.Please.thank you.please?
      I may not have read a news article on the final outcome of this.This thread just seemed to end rather abruptly
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Aha. Yes.
        I have since updated the file twice, and Locutus has corrected the Directory also. The mod is ready.

It now requires the Apolyton Tile File, and the mod itslef is now only a SLIC & Text download, so is much smaller, and easier to update.

Hopefully it will be made Cradle and SAP compatible quite soon, but for now, as an add-on for the default game, it is ready.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Locutus, after all the mess, would another news item be okay? Just to let everyone know that the version on release is final...
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks for that.
          Great.....just need to find that harddrive with all my CTP2 stuff on!
          I like the look of the new download section, what with the little graphic and the rateing system-very nice!
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
            Locutus, after all the mess, would another news item be okay? Just to let everyone know that the version on release is final...
            Well, I already devoted 2 or 3 news items to it and not much has changed really. The news is not a PR-tool for modmakers, but an informational tool for the entire community. But I'll see what I can do...
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

ok. no problem
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                The news is not a PR-tool for modmakers, but an informational tool for the entire community. But I'll see what I can do...
                And I thought it was a PR tool for CTP2. At least some more seperate news items would be good instead of these summery ones. At least less of them.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Ben/Pedrunn,

Visible Wonders is set up for Cradle (it works fine on a playtest). I'm leaving the door open until next Friday (09/13/02) for any additions/changes and then I will post it as part of Cradle 1.33.

This will be my final update (barring unforseen problems with Visible Wonders).
                  Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                  ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

The wonder code is IW's work, I did the City Expansion.
                    Any question/request fot the city expansion you should post in the city expansion thread or send me a PM.
                    -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Will Cradle have City Expansion, Dave? It would very much like it to and I don't think I'm the only one...

Comment

• Have all the problems been resolved?
                        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• Pedrunn seem to think so. But I'm going to do a test run in two hours to make sure for myself...

Comment

• Can Cradle have both Visible Wonders and City Expansion? If so, how? Wouldn't the one conflict with the other?
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• No, that should work fine - with some adaptations (altough I admit I didn't read that part of the readme too carefully)

Comment

• There is a function to make both compatible without beg changes in the code:
                                Code:
                                TileHasWonder(location_t)
                                You need to fill wich tile improvements actually are wonders (therefore return 1) so that thay cant be overplaced by cities. The actual cityX mod does not have wonders therefore this function always return 0.

It is explained in the read me.
                                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                                X