No announcement yet.

World At War! (1900-1950)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like a total moron, but I just can't get WAW to work. When I start it up I get slic errors in the WAW_script.slc:2700 TRUST_LOSS_UNPROVOKED_ATTACK not found in string database and following lines. I go over them and the game crashes. I do have DebugSlic=No and I've got the german version of the game - I copied the files in the English folder over to the german one but that didn't do it. Am I missing something here?

Comment

About the "turnlength.txt" thing, I didn't oversight it, and I did try to get the date to work properly (it's mentioned in the readme actually. ). WAW runs on a month-by-month basis, unless it's a scenario there's no way to do 12-turns per year by using the standard config files. I also found no way to use a turnlength.txt for the MOD either. Believe me, I tried.

Mapfi:

Check your strings folder, and make sure that all the WAW string files are in there. To be doubly sure, check WAW_strings.txt for the files it uses. If desperate, backup your old strings.txt (rename to .bak or something), rename WAW_strings.txt to strings.txt, and change WAW_gamedata.txt (is that the name of the file?) in the SLIC folder to point to strings.txt.

Comment

Well, found the problem:
        The WAW strings are all there, the pointers are allright but what's missing is the strings mentioned in my previous post. I found a section of ###Trust Warning Messages at the very end of the original info_str.txt, right after the PBEM messages. The WAW_info_str.txt just ends there. So when I include the missing part, WAW runs as it should.
        So why was the only one to encounter this problem? Is the German game the reason? Martin, any experiences?

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi
          Well, found the problem:
          The WAW strings are all there, the pointers are allright but what's missing is the strings mentioned in my previous post. I found a section of ###Trust Warning Messages at the very end of the original info_str.txt, right after the PBEM messages. The WAW_info_str.txt just ends there. So when I include the missing part, WAW runs as it should.
          So why was the only one to encounter this problem? Is the German game the reason? Martin, any experiences?
          The oriiginal version of the English info_str.txt doesn't contain these strings they where added with patch to the English version, but where included in the German version right from the beginning. In the English version you find these missing strings in a file called add_str.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\englisch\gamedata\ folder that was created with the patch.. I wondered why noone cryed as I released CityMod2, so I added them, but it hasbn't no effect, although these strings were dublicated the game ran without any problems.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Aha, so that's it. Well, Martin, why don't you just take all the mods so far available and translate them for all German speaking people (like with SAP)? - piece of cake...

Comment

Aha, so that's it. Well, Martin, why don't you just take all the mods so far available and translate them for all German speaking people (like with SAP)? - piece of cake...
              Translation no problem I just need a volunteer who will go to the whole Great Library and translate all the new entries with the highest accuracy. In the case of Apolyton Pack I already had the most strings from CityMod2, only the APOL_str_loc.txt was a monoious pain.

-Martin

Comment

Question is, if besides you, me, Jesper and another 1-5 people anybody even uses a German version of the game modded? No sense in doing a lot of work for just a few.

well, if it's not that difficult to do one should probably start with cradle - I could volunteer for some translation work, if that's what you wanted to hear

Comment

Question is, if besides you, me, Jesper and another 1-5 people anybody even uses a German version of the game modded? No sense in doing a lot of work for just a few.
                  Actual it is not the question to do the work just for a few people. Otherwise I wouldn't have translated. CityMod2, ApolytonPack and GoodMod, although I wrote the GoodMod readme only in English. But it doesn't matter for how many people you do a translation, it just matters that you do the translation for yourself. The same is true for mods, but most important is that you do it for yourself and if a lot of other people there are, too who like it then it is great.

well, if it's not that difficult to do one should probably start with cradle - I could volunteer for some translation work, if that's what you wanted to hear
                  I think Craddle is a good start, IIRC the Great Library isn't not so full with new entries. I recommend first to search for strings that are already translated. For instance you can just use the German entries for the goods of GoodMod for Cradle, I just copied the English ones to the Cradle Great Library. No need to translate the stuff twice espeacily the history entries. Maybe you have to modify some of the given values, but that shouldn't be too hard. You sould also search for other stuff like the New City Capture Option. Or the ones from CityMod2.

-Martin

Comment

Oh yea, and then there’s all that ancient text that needs to be transcribed…

Comment

I got an error trying to run the WOW scenario, posted in the Directory, and loading it up, I got this error:

"SPRITE_STORMTROOPER not found in Sprite database"

What's the problem?

BTW, I can't seem to play very far, as the mod just randomly crashes(without the scenario), with no warning or explanations.

Comment

Hey, folks.

I downloaded the WAW scenario that is in the Apolyton directory, but I'm having problems loading it. When I try to, it plainly says, "Cannot find sprite STORMTROOPER, RED_ARMY_CORPS" etc.. Anyone know how I can fix this?

I'll be using that scenario is my base for the Cold War scenario that I'm just itching to make.

Comment

you need WAW MOD before the WAW scenario works.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

(Test post, please ignore - this thread seems to be as buggy as an unpatched Civ-game )
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Hey I'm playing the Scenario and about 20 turns into the game I got a gu_100.(something) not in asset tree. Then the game crashed. Any ideas?

Comment

Thank you

Dear Dale, Thank you for bringing this WAW mod together. My sons were watching me play, and are itching to get their own game started. I finished up a Cradle 1.32 game, and found it strategically challenging (with interesting improvements that make a great game better), but long. WAW has more immediate action and a stronger sense of getting down to business. At this time in my life, I have a hard time remembering all the nuances developed during a game. Coming back to a WAW game, I feel like I can check the diplomacy to see who (if any) is friendly and who is my strongest opponent. That is enough to get the turn started. I may have a week or two go by between sessions, and may only be able to play 5 turns per session. I am enjoying your faster paced shoot-em up strategy mod. It is interesting to see how different people interpret CTP2 and develop the mods. I appreciate your work and look forward to trying other mods.

I am sure that you know that Hexagonian named one of the cities for the Hexagonian race after you in Cradle. I found it hard to go against the Hexagonians and to conquer the city of Dale; So I lived in peace side by side with knights stacked on every border square to keep the prophets out and intimidate Hexagonian into fighting someone else. Cradle is, by far, the best mod that I have completed yet. WAW is next on the list to try and complete. We will see if I can complete it, (or will I have the Nazi's trampling my flag?) We shall see...

Gordon

Comment

Working...
                                X