No announcement yet.

Space Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info Pedrunn. Your right, I have looked into those files and fiddled with them a bit already. I'll take a closer look at them (make sure that I didn't miss anything that you mentioned here), and also take a look at the citymod files. By the way, the work on the space scenario looks truly exceptional, I can't wait to see it in action.

Comment

• pedrun want to help me with a future update to the main ctp interface
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Sure. I was thinking in get back to work in this scenario a week ago . Maybe we could do some work in the future together helping each other . And future is my favorite time so lets work on it.
        What you have in mind? Is it the UI?
        Last edited by Pedrunn; June 17, 2002, 16:03.
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Pedrun I will show you how about that .

This is the great library it is still in beta type. still some things to do on it.
          I thought about completely updating the user interface not much would it seams apart form the big ones what to have at the side of the science adviser ( need something more modern then the old test tube things. Possibly binary code)

So you in or out if you want you can start on the national management screen I will get back to you when I finish the great library up date.

I was looking at ctp1 yesterday after finally finding a copy at £2.99 sterling about a tenth of the cost of civ 3 and you are right the space section was cool.
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

• I will try to give a shot in the national manager basing in this image.
            The great library look really cool. But i did not like this blue tone in the advance name button and in ganeplay/historical background should be lighter.
            And you could have a better backgroung rather the these symbols place one besides the other. But yet they give a good view anyway.
            I am looking foward to your final GL look.

Are you adding replacements tgas in the picture folder or changing the UI files?
            Last edited by Pedrunn; June 19, 2002, 12:05.
            -Jean Rostand

Comment

• posting new pics it is a lot easier any way I am going to overhaul the blue possible to tie it in with the gaia controller.

any way I have been on ctp1 a lot and I think we can take the wonder box of there and just up grade it to fit.

Comment

• Yep.
                I believe new pics are better unfortunetly the fonts will remain the same wich will limit my thoughts.
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

• I don’t know pedrun it may be possible to change the font but I think it would have to be all of the fonts for the game we change.

Any way I have been doing to much playing of ctp1 now that I have it loads of good ideas are flowing now.
                  You know what they say a change is as good as a holiday

Comment

• Big Mc,
                    Changing a few pics will change almost all the screen. This save us a lot of time and working to change the interface.
                    At first we need a pic to replace the uptg20e.tga first
                    I thought the uptg28e.tga would do the trick but it is too dark and the fonts became unreadable.
                    Any pics suggestions?

IW,
                    Could you attach the sprite script you wrote for making those one picture only goods to me (If possible the whole folder). I want to give a try in sprite making. Specially goods now. But i keep hating that makespr.exe piece of s#@&.
                    It makes me want to shoot my head off!
                    Last edited by Pedrunn; June 28, 2002, 13:53.
                    -Jean Rostand

Comment

• :kill:
                      Attached Files
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• pedrun i will send what i have done next time i am on line got a lot done

Battle view

msg boxes

save box

menu box

etc

and they look so cool

Comment

• About sprite creation...
                          Error in bitmap data. Pixel with no associated alpha
                          I get this line after loading the makespr.
                          What does thais suppose to mean? And how can i fix it
                          -Jean Rostand

Comment

• I think it means you have a black pixel not appropriately represented in the alpha channel or vice versa. If you're using PSP, and you generate the mask from 'any non-zero value' then it should work. Otherwise you can use the magic wand to select all the black pixels and then invert the selection and generate the mask from that, but thet won't work if you've any black in the middle of your image.

Comment

• pedrun what program you using.

if it is paint shop i can help.

Comment

• I am using photoshop

Yet, could you help me try to do this good? It is for blueO expansion code.

If you get it working could you attach the txt file so that i can use as a model for the others ones?

If not you could try to find out what is wrong with that tif!?!

-Thanks in advance

PS: Have you found a good background pic for the space UI?
                                Last edited by Pedrunn; July 2, 2002, 14:12.
                                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                                X