Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really want to see this baby grew up
    me too
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• So, Pedrunn, how far are you from a public (beta) release?
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Sorry, Locutus!
        But we are as far as i was since my last post. I gave it a brake because i am kind of interested in learning slic and photoshop (as you may have notest from my past works these days). Not to mention the excitement of helping in the visible wonders mod (associated with me learning photoshop).
        I hope to restart the work in it next weekend (maybe this weekend).
        It is in my hands now i have to make the texts. In this first stage i got all the sprites i wanted. Maybe a few more goods can be needed but so far it is ok.
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Locutos don’t forget it is also exam season I got one my self in a few moments
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

• What exams are you taking this year?
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• AS mathes GCSE english and an AVCe in computers what about you

Comment

• Don't worry, I know and understand you're busy with all sorts of other stuff, but I'm just curious - I can't wait to see all this in action (even if half of it doesn't work yet)!
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• AS geography, chemistry and biology, A level maths.
                  good luck
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• mmmm.......exams, you lucky guys Good luck to you all and when i decide to take my Degree next year you are welcome to laugh at me come crunch time! Enjoy
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• it is the IT i need the luck in

Comment

• How will (or are) the civ specific city sprites be implemented for this scenario? For some reason, I seem to be having a heck of a time doing the same thing. Everyway that I've tried to work it, I continue to only be able to use two civ specific cities. There has to be something simple that I'm missing.

Comment

• try looking at the city mod in the main database the files that were modified should show you all you need to know

Comment

• Thanks Big MC, I'll do just that.

Comment

• edit

ops wrong thread
                              Last edited by The Big Mc; June 10, 2002, 11:27.

Comment

• Sorry for the late response i was out this weekend,
                                There will be four civs in the game. Their city sprite are defined for each age in the file agecitystyle.txt. Where it is self explanatory if you realize that the MinSize and MaxSize are the size of the cities.
                                Code:
                                 wich the sprite will represent the city.
                                AGE_ONE_STYLE_ONE {
                                	Sprites { Type 0 MinSize 0  MaxSize 14  Sprite 28 }
                                	Sprites { Type 0 MinSize 15  MaxSize 29 Sprite 29 }
                                	Sprites { Type 0 MinSize 30 MaxSize 99 Sprite 30 }
                                }
                                And you the city styles for each civ is given in the civilization.txt.
                                Where in the line:
                                Code:
                                CIV_CITY_STYLE
                                the number 0 (zero) stands for AGE_ONE_STYLE_ONE, the number 1 for AGE_ONE_STYLE_TWO, the number 2 AGE_ONE_STYLE_THREE, and so on in the agecitystile.txt.
                                This i believe you already know as i see in your posts in others threads. And the citymod is a much better source than this post

Yet the biggest city problem in this mod was the use of two differnts city styles in the same age for the same civ: The solar System and the Space City.
                                I solved this problem with the line in the agecitystyle.txt
                                Code:
                                Type
                                Where 0 is used for land cities and 1 for sea cities ( just hit me! the number 2 stands for air cities???)

And the space tile is configured to be a land tile and a special solar system tile is beach (sea) tile.
                                This way i can have both.
                                "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                                Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                                Kill all and you are a God!"
                                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                                X