No announcement yet.

Space Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedrun there way to easy to mod. all you need is a few pics for them. like in my scenario I used the diamond age cities off ctp1 to represent deserted alien cities.

pedrun type in the text from the link instead should get you there.
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• i think you should keep ruins, they could be space wreckage/junk or something.

Big Mc
      Also notice in that screenshot the old tanks (look like panzers) and what the heck is that unit between the two War Walkers? With the explosion above it???

BTW i could post the cities for the future scenario from ToT, but they look bad and Im very sure they wont be of any use to u
      (there was no city view in ToT)
      Oxygen should be considered a drug
      Tiberian Sun Retro
      My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
      http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

• Yes please. Was ther a view city in tot.
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

• pedrun here a more city sprites form the so called dumped ones in ctp1. I don't like this one but I thought I would put it here for you viewing.
          Attached Files

Comment

• (there was no city view in ToT)
            Here are cities from ToT loads of them future and old, most of which are third party but look ok anyway (for ToT that is)

I was going to post this file on the War of the rings scenario thread too, as there maybe some citie types that it will want too.

BTW i have mentioned this in my Possible new units thread, but the units in ToT are .spr if only we understood the format then some could be converted

Ok the file is too big i will split it, i hope Hex looks here as it maybe very good for his WOTR scenario
            Attached Files
            Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

• There are an absolute ton of cities here, if only the city sprite count for ctp2 was more than 200

Anyway that can be changed IF we get the source code

Part 2
              Attached Files
              Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

• I was thinking about suggesting a space mod then i find out about this project

This sounds like a great idea. Personally i would prefer space-as-sea and have ground units like uber robots etc that need to be transported to conquer worlds etc, dunno if that would work out tho. Also i think it would be cool to use up more civ slots, maybe generic independant or rebel systems.. after all there is 32 to play with... Maybe ill make a mod of your mod

Anyway sounds like you have all the graphics sorted out, but I would be honored to help if there is something I can do. I can draw and colour in on a computer ok-ish, probably not up to the standard your looking for tho.

I am also learning a 3d modelling porgram at university. Ive been messing around with spaceships etc, I will attach a pic of a spaceship i made quite easily.

Again, i dont know if this would be up to the standard you are looking for... plus I dont know if the shading etc would fit in with the other units tho (and offically im not allowed to use the 3d program for anything other than 'educational purposes')

I dont know how to make a unit yet but ive downloaded the ctp unit maker pack, I should be able to learn it soon.

Let me know if you think i can help in any way?....
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Daftpanzer; October 9, 2002, 12:09.

Comment

• Another thing im working on...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Any chance you could tell us the program.

Comment

• 3d studio max 3.1, why??

Comment

• Im supposed to be learning the tool functions etc but as soon as i learned shapes and textures all i want to do is make spaceships.... This one is finsihed now too....
                        Attached Files

Comment

• if you can could you post me the handouts from your class I will see if I can download a demo.

Comment

• Apparently you need a real high spec machine, i think these were like 512 ram and 1000+mhz that we were using... i have no chance using it at home with my 450mhz...

There are tutorial / Lessons etc for all kinds of stuff for 3d max online im sure you find some if you do a search, the stuff weve done at university isnt much....

Comment

• I have access to one of them plus I need an new computer any way.

Comment

• One thing to say:
                                Wow!!!
                                The spaceships look amazing

About the space cargo units. I thought a lot about it before posting this thread and i came to the conclusion that the only effect the non-spaceships units would have is protect the city (only makes sense if using spaceships and cannons though) and annoy the player to use them to conquer. Thats why i dont see why implementing
                                "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                                Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                                Kill all and you are a God!"
                                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                                X