This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Wes -

Do you have a renaissance-era special-forces unit?

Considering the importance of mercenaries in renaissance Italy, I think a "Condottieri" unit would be a great idea. You could use the old Pikeman sprite (or the new one, and use the old one for Pikemen).

I would make Pikemen a primarily defensive unit, and give the Condottieri similar stats but better offense.
    Lev Koszegi

Comment

• Wes, make farms worth while. Drop the food production in most squares so farm become important. Now any city that has a few sea squares (even if the rest is glacier) can reach max size, which is totally wrong. Those kind of conditions can´s sutain that population until the modern days (hence the best farms)

Comment

• Title: The Impossible Maps v0.1

Description: Official and Unofficial maps on Impossible difficulty level

Included maps:

- Samurai
        The map from the Samurai scenario, with random civs on impossible difficulty level

- 6 Continents
        A (not official) random map that looked nice to me...

- Small and Agressive
        Command the Greeks against 7 agrresive civilizations on a small map

- The Craddle of Civilization
        The Mediterranean Sea, made by hexagonian. Civs: Greece, Rome, Egypt, Persia, Assyria, Phoenicia, Israel, Zulu

Download from: http://apolyton.net/ctp2/downloads/maps/Impossible.zip

Notes:

1) It's far from complete, i'm posting this basically to show that you CAN offer a selection of civs in the start(see the Craddle map)

2) I'm sure that at least the Craddle map works as it is supposed to. The others I havent touched for a week and i'm not if there any problems with them...

Comment

Included maps:

- Samurai
          The map from the Samurai scenario, with random civs on impossible difficulty level

- 6 Continents

- Small and Agressive

The Mediterranean Sea, made by hexagonian. Civs: Greece, Rome, Egypt, Persia, Assyria, Phoenicia, Israel, Zulu

Notes:

1) It's far from complete, i'm posting this basically to show that you CAN offer a selection of civs in the start(see the Craddle map)

2) I'm sure that at least the Craddle map works as it is supposed to. The others I havent touched for a week and i'm not if there any problems with them...

Comment

Included maps:

- Samurai

- 6 Continents

- Small and Agressive

Notes:

Comment

• Wes,
              I almost finished testing the militia code and wonder-enabling units code, I think both work properly now, so just email me the info I need to finish things up and I will (what units & advances & size sizes for the militia, what wonders & units for the wonder code).

So one of these days I'll start working on the 4th event: the unit repair thing. Before I do that however, I'd like to know if you (or anyone else for that matter) knows if there's any kind of code on this in the text files anywhere: how fast units 'regenerate' in the field, a swith to turn off the instant-healing in cities, anything else related. Having such info would make things sooo much easier for me.
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• This is great, I will check it out.

You know if I spend enough time learning CtP2, by the time I am done, all the map work will be done.

On a more serious side, which of the Start Location options did you use on the cradle map. It would help in finding out what works and what doesn't work when creating map scenarios.

BTW, loved your readme file that came with it.
                Don,
                CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

You know if I spend enough time learning CtP2, by the time I am done, all the map work will be done.

On a more serious side, which of the Start Location options did you use on the cradle map. It would help in finding out what works and what doesn't work when creating map scenarios.

Don,

Comment

Don,

Comment

• Hee Hee, one can even have a medical unit that increases the rate of healing in the field
                      Will be useful for large stacks.

Comment

• Wes,

I do not think this will be a problem, but am asking anyhow.

Will it be possible to load maps that have been recently been created in the default CTP2 game (minus the goods) into MedMod2?

The main reason is that I am hoping to be able to use the goods Nordicus implemented and the adjusted terrain settings that you created. If these different terrain settings cause game crashes, then I will probably be holding off on map creation until your mod is released.
                        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• These two are in the const file.

CITY_HEAL_RATE 1.0
                          NORMAL_HEAL_RATE 0.1

Comment

• Here is the bulk of an email I sent to Locutus, Gedrin, and some other interested people this evening. This was obviously before I read Wouter's post above. The mod just keeps looking better. The only thing that concerns me is the unit categories limitation I mentioned earlier.

I think that you both know that I want to use the militia and refugee triggers in the Med mod II. I also want to try out a partisan trigger in the mod as well. I want it to share characteristics of both of the aforementioned triggers.
                            I want the number of Partisans created to be based upon city size, like the refugee trigger. I think 1 Partisan per 6 pop would be about right. I also want the units created to be based upon the technology of the civ., like the militia trigger. To represent the fact that these Partisans would be less powerful than regular army troops, I want them to be the defensive unit of the age prior to the one the civ is currently in. This way, we will not have to create new units and/or sprites for this trigger. The trigger will only activate when the civ either has a certain tech, or is under certain govt.'s, I haven't decided on that yet. Also, the trigger will only activate if the conquest distress in the city is zero. This way, if you re-take a city you just lost, you will not have to fight your own citizens.

I would like for you two to work together on this, if possible, since you both have experience with different aspects of the components of the trigger. Darryl may have done some work on such a trigger already, so I am going to send a copy of this to him as well. I think he will be active in slic work on Ctp2 as well, so I might as well try and get you guys talking regularly. If anyone else wants to comment or get involved, well that's why I am sending you copies as well.

On another topic, Wouter, have you done any work on the trigger to make it cost production to heal units in cities? (The production would come from the public works stockpile.) Having spent the weekend playing the Alexander scenario, which is awesome btw, I really realize how this trigger would revolutionize warfare campaigns in the game. I think this trigger would be a bigger boost to the game than the militia trigger. I mean, this would really separate Ctp from the Sid games in an important way, a way as significant as the public works concept and stacked combat, imo. Right now, I think 75% of the original cost per percent seems about right. I am also going to increase the chance of becoming a veteran to about 30%. This would make Ctp a lot like the Panzer General series in this regard, an aspect of reality in which I think that game did an excellent job emulating.

Btw, Gedrin, did you see my post in the Med mod II thread where there are flags in the DiffDB designed to do what your disseminate trigger does?

Finally, I had a moment of inspiration myself today. (Either that, or I finally saw something that has been staring me in the face for a year now.) I have been wanting for some Improvements' upkeep cost to be based upon city size. Well, the necessary flag has been there all along; the Television's gold-per-citizen flag. I inserted that flag into the Improvements that I wanted- gold, science, production and food, and gave it a negative value (I eliminated the set upkeep cost for these improvements). This is another thing that is going to have a significant effect on the game, and make it much more realistic. (New York City's library system costs the same as that of a small town under the current system, but obviously gives a much greater benefit.) Since the value has to be an integer, I may have to increase the effect of gold improvements to compensate, but I think this new way of figuring costs is going to be a real improvement to the game.

Comment

• Hex,

Yes, you can add any map to the Med Mod provided it only uses default (or Med Mod) items.
                              Don,

Comment

• Thanks Matte979 (though a little late since Wes already emailed me all the info I need ).

(BTW, for those who don't know it yet, I'm Wouter )

------------------
                                "The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." - Nathaniel Borenstein
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X