Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a african colonization map would be the one of the best ideas if the game play would support it. you would problaby have to package it with some sort of modification to distances from empire and things like that (for revolts, etc..)

but geography-wise a europe to africa colonization map would be very good to play because of th variety of terrain and difficulties in transport. i dont know about the end game though. ??
    ===============
    give me a second to get straightened out
    ================

Comment

• a african colonization map would be the one of the best ideas if the game play would support it. you would problaby have to package it with some sort of modification to distances from empire and things like that (for revolts, etc..)

but geography-wise a europe to africa colonization map would be very good to play because of th variety of terrain and difficulties in transport. i dont know about the end game though. ??
      ===============
      give me a second to get straightened out
      ================

Comment

• Pill boxes would only work if you gave them a ranged attack. That way, they could be immobile, yet still have an attacking ability. Hmmm.... They'd be like forts with a catapult inside.

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by jkadabomb on 11-24-2000 04:10 PM
          Actually Youleus Republic came before theocracy, the ancient greeks and romans had replubics setup.

Egypt and Babylon were both theocracies.

Comment

• How about a general unit similar in effect to "alexander" (as described in the Great Library) in the included scenario (which unfortunately I haven't played fully). This unit would make all those in a stack veterans and might also have some other sort of use. This unit might be tied into a government type (Republic = Classical General and Democracy = Modern General). Just a thought.

I also really like the idea of tying certain special units (e.g. the legion) to city improvements or wonders. It is something which gives you a sense of achievement and separates you from the other civs. Perhaps the building of this type of unit could be a feat of wonder as well?

Comment

• I agree, i like the concept of a "general". But I also miss the barracks from Civ2. OOOPS, bad me, I crossed game lines

Comment

• I am going to begin background reading and researching for a historical fiction novel that I will begin writing next year during my break between semesters at my university.

However, I WILL take time out to make this map since there seems to be some interest in it. I look forward to tackling it.

I will make this map size more vertical than in width for this Europe and Africa map. But it won't be too exaggerated in height compared to width.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I am going to begin background reading and researching for a historical fiction novel that I will begin writing next year during my break between semesters at my university.

However, I WILL take time out to make this map since there seems to be some interest in it. I look forward to tackling it.

I will make this map size more vertical than in width for this Europe and Africa map. But it won't be too exaggerated in height compared to width.

Comment

• anyone know where i can get class definitions for their game? it would be even nicer if they were like quake 3 and released source code

Comment

• Jonny wrote:

>There is only one thing I am confused about: Why do >the Russians start in Alaska? I know they settled >Alaska, but their capital, Moscow, and most of their >empire was not there. Plus, their really annoying me, >the Native Americans.

Personally, I feel by throwing in the Russians on the North American map makes it a lot more interesting. Thanx again, MrFun, for a great map!

------------------
                      Just another Civ Addict
                      Just another Civ Addict

Comment

• Jonny wrote:

>There is only one thing I am confused about: Why do >the Russians start in Alaska? I know they settled >Alaska, but their capital, Moscow, and most of their >empire was not there. Plus, their really annoying me, >the Native Americans.

Personally, I feel by throwing in the Russians on the North American map makes it a lot more interesting. Thanx again, MrFun, for a great map!

------------------
                        Just another Civ Addict
                        Just another Civ Addict

Comment

• Re: Pill boxes. SLIC can make pillboxes possible: you can allow a unit to attack but forbid it to move, so it can attack normally like all units but after it wins a battle it will stay in place and not move to the tile of that it attacked.

Re: limiting production to buildings. SLIC can do this too. I think there's a function HasBuilding in the game that you can use to check if the city in mod_CityCanBuildUnit has (a) certain building(s). For wonders a similar thing applies, although there's no standard function to check this: a work-around has to be made (which is exaclty what I did for the wonder-enabled units Wes described earlier).
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Wes,

i've been doing some thinking about the use of the old CTP hover tank and space marines and had this little thought bubble burst in my head...could we take them and make them underwater units instead?? i've been toying with the idea of undersea battles that don't just deal with subs. since the old space marine is wearing bulky armor i thought it might be cool to see if it could be made an underwater unit. something that would be able to capture underwater cities and wage war but have no real affect on surface vessels. i don't think the units should be able to pirate or attack any surface vessels (though i guess it is possible) and i defintely would not think they could operate on dry land. do u think this would be possible?

Comment

• The reason why I added Russia in this North America map and scenario is because I did not wish to add Maya or Aztec, since either of those two would have been placed too close to Mexico's starting point.

So, I thought - "what if Russia had developed a North American colonial empire in the NW?" Granted, this means that you'll see Russian city names as well as its capitol from the Old World on this map, but nothing is perfect.

Comment

• The reason why I added Russia in this North America map and scenario is because I did not wish to add Maya or Aztec, since either of those two would have been placed too close to Mexico's starting point.

So, I thought - "what if Russia had developed a North American colonial empire in the NW?" Granted, this means that you'll see Russian city names as well as its capitol from the Old World on this map, but nothing is perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X