Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Conquers? Part II

Turn 22 to Madrid.

The long travels of my Messengers of Salvation have so far born no fruit. They are joyful for they walk unshod, unfed and sleep without a blanket. All hope that they will die once they have completed their tasks, preferably in enormous pain, so as to better show their devotion and purity of heart.

I am grateful for the 'Mythical Ones' explanation of his strange tongue but my flock were appalled at the very concept of the indulgence in 'Fornication' for pleasure. Have your people never heard of original sin? The pleasures of the flesh are an abomination to civilised man and only to be endured to swell the numbers of 'The Pure'. Else how does man differ from the beasts of the field?

My sorrow at your unenlightenment knows no bounds. Truly you are a pitiful people wandering in the darkness.

Glory be to my name.
    St Jon, Humility and Humanity Incarnate.
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Spain is more than willing to effect a second degree torture session on the French ambassador, whom has been given a free passport to travel through our lands to other nations, if St Jon of France feels that this act would further purify the soul of this loyal and holy subject of his...

CREDO

Tomas de Torquemada
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Post has been sent to Steve. Jono if no notification of Turn Posted tonight please Open, End and Forward the Turn to Rick.

Cheers
      Jon
      - Anon

Comment

Turn 22 to Hextapul

We are confused about the state of affairs in France. Is St. Jon the spokesman for France, or the actual ruler?

And more to the point, how can the deceased rule the living in France? For in order to become a Saint, one must indeed be dead. And St. Jon would have had to have passed away a good many years ago for there to have been enough time for the required "sightings or miracles" to have accumulated.

Perhaps this explains his aversion to the pleasures of the flesh? He who has none may be inclined to deny those who do. Or perhaps there is another explanation...

Xenophon of the Living

Comment

Many aspire to 'Sainthood' but few attain it. A prerequisite is not however, death. It is true that the vast majority of 'Saints' have had to wait many years after their passage from this mortal coil to be recognised but only recently, last 1500 years or so, has it become the norm for post mortality appearences to be counted as a neccessary part of one's CV.

St Jon, The 'living' Light upon this Darkened World.
          - Anon

Comment

Maybe St. Jon found the promotion to saint in a old ruin just outside Paris.
            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

It is indeed a relief to hear that we of this Earth have the living St. Jon among us after all.

But for the benifit of those who might still doubt your Sainthood, a proof in the form of a Miracle may be necessary. And not just any run-of-the-mill Miracle for a Saint who aspires to such greatness as yourself. Producing an ear of corn which displays the likeness of the Virgin Mary would be beneath you.

We suggest a real Miracle:
              The Miracle of the "Turn-A Day"!

Such an amazing feat would surely silence any doubting Thomas' among us. And we Greeks would in gratitude build a fine shrine to your Saintliness in Athens!

Xenophon

Comment

Turn to the 'Sainted' One

It's interesting to note that in the Old Incan tongue, the word Saint means 'one with an overinflated ego' or 'pompous windbag'. Perhaps Birdman, St Jon found an old Incan ruin and appropriated the title from there, not realizing the full meaning of the term. If so, he may choose another name.

However the Incans all speak New Incan now, living in more enlightened times. We have no such word in our dialect today.

Hextapul continues in his efforts to bring civility to the Incan people with much success. Already they grow more polite to their neighbors.

BTW, welcome to our little world, 'He Who Flies'

------------------
                "Pray for peace, prepare for war."
                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Turn 23 to Mobius.

Even as a Saint I can only offer my divine wisdom of 'a Turn a Day' but whether I can touch the Soul's of the 'Unenlightened' is another matter.

No Sermon will ever reach the 'Unconverted' but I can only but try.

Blessings Upon You All.

St Jon, Purity in any other name.
                  - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Elkins on 10-03-2000 09:53 AM
                    We suggest a real Miracle:
                    The Miracle of the "Turn-A Day"!

Such an amazing feat would surely silence any doubting Thomas' among us.
                    Indeed, I would surely become a convinced Tomas...!

I wish to give forewarning that I will have to wait to play this turn until @ +13 hrs from this time now...

Tomas de Torquemada

Comment

The world should know that the reference to "doubting Thomas' among us" was not a reference to Tomas, but was merely our use of an expression without noticing the coincidence! We hope that our friends in Madrid did not feel it was a message to them!

Still, this post from Spain makes us fear that the Miracle previously referred to will not be forthcoming anytime soon. Which leaves us wondering:
                      how can we believe in Saints without the proof of Miracles?

Xenophon

Comment

The populace of Spain rejoices at the bounty bestowed upon them by their Lord, The Protector...

Tomas de Torquemada

Reaper of the harvest

Comment

As no Turn has appeared from Demos in over 24hrs, Mobius please Open, End and pass the Turn to Steve.

Jon.
                          - Anon

Comment

Easy tiger, back in your cage!

I have recieved the turn, but not until yesterday, and after playing the turn I found my ISP to be unresponsive, therefore I could not send the turn on, or post to inform you of the situation, or mail you to let you know the score.

I'm at work at the moment, and I have four game turns all ready to go out if my ISP is back up, and replies for all the game threads already written, just awaiting to be posted.

I know you may well have carried on without me, but considering I had to wait far more than your 24 hr ruling before I got the turn, about 4 days, and with my recent speedy turnarounds I do feel more than a little persecuted.

I will send and post when I get home, about 5.30pm. Mail me if needs be.
                            ______

I've just re-read this, and it sounds a bit snotty. It's not meant to, so please don't take offence. I'm just as frustrated as you guys about the slow down, and to now be a direct part of that annoys me immensely.
                            [This message has been edited by The True Demosthenes (edited October 06, 2000).]
                            Cariad,
                            Demosthenes.
                            _____
                            www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

Ahhhh. The Australian people bask in the warmth of prosperity. At last we are at the stage where we can sit back on our mud porches, gaze across at the (as yet) unpolluted skies, and say.... It's good to be an Aussie....
                              We are pleased that the Welsh have made such amicable neighbours, and are looking forward to the new opening of the Australian Embassy in one of the frontier towns...

Comment

Working...
                              X