Love Conquers? Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 23 to Hextapul

Our Australian neighbors have alluded to something called "pollution". What that might be we are not sure, but we theorize it is something unpleasant left behind by sheep, or possibly wombats.

May none of us here ever find that we have stepped in any!

Xenophon

Comment

Turn 23 ==> Stavros

My most humble Diplomatic apologies to all and sundry. It seems that mine courier service has failed to live up to its reputation once again.

Summarily, all heads of this organisation (exploiting the coffers of The Church no doubt) have parted company with their extremities and have made company with Beelzebub, which is probably more than they deserve.

Tenders are now open for a more Church friendly and obviously cheaper alternative. We are even considering contracting out to a foreign company, all offers are welcome. However, some members of the faith are finding this a little too hard to digest.
      Cariad,
      Demosthenes.
      _____
      www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

Turn 23/24 -> St Jon

Already, efforts are being made to purge all former meaning of the Old Incan word 'Saint' from the Empire, as the former connotation could be considered offensive to some. We want to be considerate of other cultures.

Truly another step in the path of enlightenment...

We are also pleased to announce the establishment of a new embassy in the Spanish Empire and hope this will be a first step in establishing better relations with that noble people.

On a personal note, I will be gone for the next 36 hours, I humbly ask that is by small chance, the gamefile reaches me in the next 6-12 hours, that I be allowed to play my turn upon my return.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Turn 24 to Madrid.

And yea verily was the veil lifted and the World seen in all my glory! My missionaries now know where to tread to find my beloved children so long sundered from the light of my purity.

Love unto you all,
          St Jon, Saviour of Sinners.
          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
          - Anon

Comment

Turn to the Welsh,

Interesting times indeed...!?

Tomas de Torquemada
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I’m at work and will play turn when I return home this afternoon.
              Cariad,
              Demosthenes.
              _____

Comment

While I have a moment to spare, I want to give you all advance notice.

I will be moving house after Friday October 20th. "Again? " I hear you all cry, yes, I'm afraid so. After moving from Newcastle back to my hometown of Birmingham, I'm now moving down to the Big Smoke, the Capital, London, where fortune and fame surely await me with baited breath

The details are a little sketchy at present, as this has all happened over the last 48 hours really, but in the last week of this month I shall be in London looking for a new home. "Looking? " I hear you cry, yes, I don't have a home or job sorted out as yet. My better half has got a transfer, and I will follow her wherever she goes, all else will fall into place at a later date.

I will update you on details as they are sorted, but I may well be unavailable for up to a week, and so subs may be required. All volunteers are welcome, I'm in the following games:

Swissy 2
                Swissy 3
                Deathmatch
                Demos
                Love conquers

Sorry to be a pain in the proverbial, but consider yourselves warned.

Demosthenes.
                Cariad,
                Demosthenes.
                _____

Comment

Turn 24 ==> Breaker

Welsh knowledge is being funneled through our newly established university education system. The monks and clergy who preside over these insitutions are very wise men indeed, afterall, Our Lord would have it no other way.

To this end, many of our most respected men of the cloth have been experiencing visions from above, urging us to use our newly developed education system to utilise the water and the wheel.

Many of the devoutly faithful believe that this knowledge will soon be within our grasp.
                  Cariad,
                  Demosthenes.
                  _____

Comment

The Australians celebrate the opening of an embassy in Wales. May good relations prosper between our lands. We do start to wonder where the other civilizations may be hiding though... Strikes me as unusual that I have so little contact...
                    Of course it could be all the useless land that seems to surround me...

Comment

Blaspheme not for the World of LC was created in my image and is therefore without blemish!

So Sai'th the Saint.
                      - Anon

Comment

Turn 24 to Hextapul

Poseidon has honoured Greece with a visit. His winged chariot carried a gift that has given us new, more efficient ways to harvest the bounties of the sea. For this we are grateful,as we find the seas are filled with great schools of silver fish!

Comment

One Thousand appologies St. Jon.

But you realy should have told me that your god looked like a swampy barren wasteland, interspersed with glaciers and desert. One must first know the divine image, before one can define a blemish....

All hail the swamp god....

[This message has been edited by Stavros (edited October 09, 2000).]

Comment

The Scribes have to report an error in the translation of 'The Book of Jon'. The following should have read:

v.VI c.III 'And so verily there shall be a land fit only for those who would'st stray from the path of purity and worship false idols. This shall'st be name'd the Mireland for therein shall be only Swamp and Jungle as befits the Heretics condemned unto it'

So Sai'th the Saint, So let it be done.
                            - Anon

Comment

Turn 24/25 -> St Jon

Those wacky French scribes - first they cannot get the spelling of My Name right, then they misinterpret the French Holy Writ...

You had better take them out back and beat some suffering into them so they honor their lord with their work.

Just my humble opinion!
                              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Turn 25 to Madrid.

Yet more of my brave flock set forth upon my mission of Civilisation through Love. Despair not Xenophon for you shall soon be visited by my Missionary. I would beg of you only to subject him to the rack, thumbscrew and whip, however much he begs for the joy of death in My Name, as he is charged with visiting the heathen Welsh thereafter.

'Mythical One' be assured that the Monks responsible for the error in 'The Gospel according to St Jon' were severely chastised and underwent a suitable period of self-mortification.

St Jon, Selflessness Incarnate.
                                - Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X